1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Fantasy Football 2011 – EFusco is Champion!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jpadc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, Draft day is in about 4 days. Any other takers to join Darwin to make it a league of 12 players??

2. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Last call for one more!

We would like to find one more player for FF. Please let me know by Sunday if you are interested

Bob

3. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good luck in the draft everyone. My other draft was just average, even though I had 3rd overall. I think I'm gonna go for some sleepers in this one and that probably means I'll be hunting at the top of the waiver list for the first few weeks as usual...

4. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry we could not get you in Darren. The draft was first thing this morning and our teams are all set. I would wish my fellow players good luck, but any such statement would be entirely disingenuous.

Thanks Mark (and other Mods) for granting us temporary Sticky status. This thread is done and can join all the other bygone (but always searchable) threads...

5. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm in. I actually got a number of my sleepers so my team is probably doomed. I'm happy I got my top pick at #7. Lots of other bargains I thought would have gone higher. Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, Frank Gore, Matt Forte and Hakeem Nicks in round 3 look like steals to me.

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How can you see the round by round? I'm gonna leave the thread sticky just for general razzing, chat and fun through the season.

I'm pretty happy with my 'get' in the draft. Reggie Bush isn't predicted to get a lot, but I think he may get a lot of carries at Miami an dmay actually have a decent season, but I'll have a quick trigger to ditch him. Unfortunately I don't have a 3rd RB so may be looking to make a trade or find a nice waiver pickup. Frist week matchup against Longhorns is going to be brutal!

My son is thrilled to get Payton Manning again, but is worried about his status with his neck and his backup is out week one with an injury.

7. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think the website is not working right. My teams aren't showing. I recall that if you click on our league, one of the options on the navigation bar will be "Draft Results" or something like that. Then you can see the round by round picks.

I sent you a trade offer. Probably not what you wanted, but it might help with a backup RB and a QB in case Manning and Cassell (broken rib) have to sit out a week or two.

8. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey dumb question for you and/or your son. Probably obvious to fantasy pros. Do you gain something behind dropping players vs. holding them for a possible trade or waiver swap? Even though he's a backup these days, I see LT was dropped, but I suspect even with a cane, he's better than most backs on the unclaimed list. Sorry for being a newb, but someday I aspire to finish out of the cellar lol.

9. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think there's any major benefit other than making space for a waiver pickup. I think you have to have a space or specify the player you want to drop.

1 person likes this.
  10. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks! Just seeing if there was some known trick over dropping a player in a waiver request.

11. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I posted a message in the league forum, but I'll remind all here that we start tonight so have your lineups ready. Glad you are happy Evan, I must have had some things set wrong because I picked up more RB earlier and am light at WR. I'll be looking for trades!

12. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Same happened to me and I didn't restrict WR selections at all.

13. minh240z

minh240z New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good Luck Everyone! There are a few solid teams in this league and sorry about Peyton manning possibly missing the season.

Show Me Them TD's

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After dominating the league all season with an amazing 12-2 regular season record with his only 2 previous defeats coming at the hand of my 12 year old son, Brendan-last season's fantasy champion. Darren and Brendan met up again this weekend in the first round of the PC Fantasy football playoffs...and once again Brendan came through with a victory.

I will be meeting him to play for the championship after I won a nail biter playoff game with BDPackers.

It's going to be a tense week in the Fusco household!

15. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I credit my season to a great draft, because I have only a little knowledge players outside the Bears and even less skill with waivers and matchups. I'm getting better, though, as this is the first time in the few years I've played that I even had a winning record lol.

You forgot to mention how unlucky your son was. He lost the #1 overall draft pick (P Manning) for the whole season. His next 4 picks were all complete busts, including #2 D Jackson and #3 R Wayne. He did pick AJ Green for his 11th pick who was a bargain, probably his only draft pick that he used in the playoff game. J Jones wasn't bad for a 12th pick. Everyone else besides Jackson and Wayne were dropped, and those guys probably sat on the bench most of the year. Now THAT is impressive. I just rode my reliable draft picks to victory without much thought. Meanwhile your son got like 70 points from C Spiller and D Thomas, whoever they are.

I think we all have Priuschat Pigskin to thank. That roster may have been the best draft of any team. If it had been managed even just to take out byes and injuries, it was a potential playoff team and with just a couple waiver pickups, possibly the champ.

16. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish you guys could sit and listen to my son break down players and his choices...while, because of his age, there are a few situations he doesn't completely understand, most of the time he really has a much deeper understanding of what's going on that I (or most other adult football fans I know) do. He picked up Murray before anyone event thought he could do anything, he really rebuilt a fantastic team from scratch, as Darren points out. His winning is no fluke and I will have my hands more than full this week-and will definately need a bit of luck to take him down...and I fully intend to do so, there's no quarter taken in the Fusco House!

17. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In a squeaker last night I beat my son (and prior 2 year champion) by ~4 points thanks to a batted pass that had Julio Jones caught would have meant a 3-peet for Brendan. It really was a wonderful season and I had more fun this year than any other--and would say that even if I had lost. While there was only one trade that was ultimately insignificant (I got McFadden who never played a down after the trade), there were lots of important waiver moves and some really close teams.

I hope we can do this again next year and I hope Robert will, again, volunteer to be the commissioner unless we have someone else volunteer to do it. The fantasy league is one of the highlights of the fall every year for me and I truly enjoyed it and I really appreciate everyone in the league that made it so challenging and fun.

18. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Evan

Sorry for the delay in congratulating you on your victory! The family and I are traveling in Destin FL and over Jacksonville soon where we will watch the Colts complete the "Suck for Luck" competition by finding a way to lose at that as well....

I'm glad you had a great time this season. I had fun as well. Especially since the real football world just has not turned out as I hoped this season. Brendan certainly turned around an unlucky first pick into a very strong team. I recommend he call Jim Irsay and explain to him how it is you can loose your top prospect and still put a good product on the field.

I'll be happy to get a league up again in the fall, unless someone else just can't wait for that opportunity.

Thanks to all in the PC community who participated this year and I hope everyone will be back next season.

Bob

1 person likes this.
  19. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I need to get Brendan his own Junior Fantasy Expert radio show on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Channel! Good Luck "sucking for Luck"! Even if you don't get him, that RGIII dude is a baller!

20. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Pretty amazing only 1 trade and for two premier players, one was a complete dud after the trade and the other never stepped on the field despite supposedly having a minor injury.

I'm in for next year if someone reminds me!