1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Forum Upgrade - post your bug reports/gripes/thanks here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Dec 2, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Look at the bottom right of the page...there's a drop down titled "Forum Jump"...select your desired forum from the drop down.

Again folks, spend some time exploring, check out all the drop downs, click all the buttons, just try to get familiar. It takes time, but forcing yourself to become familiar shortens the time required.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    40 posts per page works for me, for the record.

3. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A couple of things I've noticed:

- when posting a .jpg attachment, the attachment shows up as a file, not as a displayed image. I have to click on the file to see the image. :(

- Can the 19.5kb limit on file size be expanded? That's maybe 2 letters in a PDF file.

- Imported smilies aren't functioning properly. Try attaching a :lol: it doesn't show up. *MUST*HAVE*SMILIES* :)

- I'm not sure if the attached file positioning is still working, but it's awfully nice to be able to locate the attachment where you want it within the post.

Overall, I think it's going to be a big improvement once the bugs are worked out!

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Any way to get the subscribed threads back? Am I the only one missing them?

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh... and I have 40 posts per page chose as well... and just 25 show up.

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't Upload Attachments

During the last week of the old software, and this first week of the new software, I haven't been able to upload photos.

I press "Manage Attachments", then "browse my computer" for the photo, then "save" the selected photo, then press "Upload", then I wait and ultimately get a "Failure" message saying that the upload failed.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm wondering if it's related to my computer, and not the new PC software? Three weeks ago I downloaded some updates for Vista, and since then my graphics card (I think) doesn't work properly (screen resolution is wrong, scrolling on Internet Explorer is choppy, screensaver doesn't work, can't put my computer on sleep/standby mode).

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't Word Search Thread Titles

Danny,

Can you restore the word search feature we had in the old software, where we could do a word search of thread titles only?

I think that was a very useful search feature. It was the fastest way to find relevant answers to questions, and to avoid duplicate threads.

8. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have a gripe. Spammers can post every 30 seconds, but I can only report the posts every 60 seconds. He's getting in twice as much crap as I can report. And of course, no mods are online at the moment. But I know you all have lives outside PC.

9. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Along with this (which I found quite annoying this morning, too), once the spammer has been pruned, if his was the last post, his name still shows up under "Last Post By". And when it's a foul name, that's just no good.

10. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Also, I don't know if there's a way to filter for spammy behavior, but for a few moments the spammer in question got away with posting to threads in every forum... it seems there might oughta be a way for the software to pick up on that? I know that gets into filters that could impact the site for legit users too though...

Anyway, another highlight of the tough job the mods face... a major software change AND a wave of flame/spam attacks. Thanks for keeping up the hard work guys.

11. Prius101

Prius101 Paid off Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone else noticed any threads where you can't actually get to the 2nd or last page? I ran into this twice now. I didn't write down the titles of the threads, because I hadn't read this yet and, of course, I may be the only one with the problem. :(

12. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It is because the posts by trolls were removed and it leaves a phantom page there if they were the only ones to post on that thread. I htink anyway.

13. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've noticed this with a couple threads myself. But it doesn't just happen with threads where the troll is the only one to post. It happens to any thread where the troll is the last one to post.

I'll second that. Danny & the Mods are doing a great job.

14. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I agree.

15. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is probably more trouble than it's worth, and the attacks seem to have died down mostly, but if you mods need to deputize anyone just to prune the OBVIOUS garbage, I'm at your service... not that I want to be a mod, mind, you ;)

16. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  17. Northbend08

Northbend08 Arrrgh!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Search function seems to be broken, and google points to the old addresses...:(

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Could you be more specific? I just used the search function and everything seemed fine. All google pages should be automatically re-directing, unless they are the "Friendly" urls with the .html at the end - those I'm still working on.

Just changed the format back to have the user info running vertically down the left side. Let me know if anyone sees any issues caused by that.

19. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No issues noticed. Nice and familiar look to the threads, thanks.

20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No problem with that. Although, could you re-instate the year/package option? That'll help with diagnosing the problem esp. since people tend to forget to post the year and package of their Prius in the question/troubleshooting post.