1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Forum Upgrade - post your bug reports/gripes/thanks here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Dec 2, 2007.

1. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe it's being worked on, I don't know. The list of gripes is growing faster than the items can be crossed off. Personally, I can't stand the things. They're generally set too far South for my tastes, and sometimes I like to make up my own words.

2. dumas

dumas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I really like the new forum software. I've discovered the little button that takes me to the first message I haven't read yet in a thread; if the old forum had one, I never knew it. With that I know I'll be keeping up here a lot more.

And let me offer kudoes to Danny on the incredible job migrating so much data to the new software. It had to be a massive job.

3. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Danny-
    It's basically great-much faster tho' the resetting password was annoying.

the other annoying thing is this:
    "And just how does this qualify for the Main Prius Forum????
    [man, there has been a rash of these things since the PriusChat software upgrade.]
    Still Sufferin' "

showing up too often!

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Spell Check

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alnilam [​IMG]
    No response to my complaint of spell check not working. Is nobody using it, does nobody care or is it just me that is having the problem?

Yep, downloading the spell check software and dealing with the anti-virus/pop-up box thing, as Neicy described, should fix the spell check not working issue.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Slow Today

Wierd, today is the first day that I noticed the new software moving slowly, e.g., several times today it took over a minute to open up PriusChat or a new page on PriusChat.

6. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I never knew this one had it. Where is it?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it (at the left margin right above the first post on the page, for those who also might be looking).

7. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I'm having a problem logging in -- immediately after the upgrade I had to reset my password, which I did, and then was able to log in using my pc at work. However when I tried to log in from home using the same username/password, it didn't work. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

8. bc104

bc104 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Rss

I just wanted to let you all know that Danny emailed me that the RSS will come back in the future. I believe it is on his 'to do" list.

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Where do you guys even see an option for a spell checker? I'm using the Advanced WYSIWYG editor and I don't see a button for it.

10. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Spell Check

When I post, I see the ABC checkmark spellchecker option on the upper right hand corner.

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  12. crbates

crbates New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  13. cattail722

cattail722 cattail722

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    RSS Feed

RSS feed used to work for this site before the upgrade, unfortunately now it doesn't. Any chance this can be fixed somehow?

Revised: see someone else posted about this, too. I had searched for RSS in this thread, but it didn't come up, sorry.

14. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Prius package missing

When I was requested to update my profile page, I could not choose the #3 Touring Prius (2007) which is what I have (#5 Touring was there, but not #3)

15. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Belated (slightly) happy birthday Judy.:)

I'm wondering, could "#5 Touring" be the same as your #3 Touring, and could the discrepancy be due to Toyota's inconsistent package labeling?

The reason why I wonder is that when I was checking the Toyota Prius website periodically in 2007, I think it changed a couple of times as to how it labeled the same option packages.

16. mldoc

mldoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My apologies if this had already been reported. It seems that whenever I am typing a post and I try to make an edit for spelling or whatnot, when I press the space bar after making the edit I get a single carriage return
    before it returns to normal operation. Just like what happened above, which I am definately not going back to edit this time
    Any thoughts? (and there it went again!)

Edit: it seems to be happening when I add a new word in or make a major spelling change. Also, its not just the space bar that causes this to happen. After I make the edit and go back to the end of what has been typed, whatever character I press next will appear on the next line.

17. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Not sure if this is a bug or what... I was just replying to a thread (http://priuschat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40573&page=4) and after my reply posted i noticed in dbermanmd's post right above mine there was an "edit" link with a spinning circle of dots next to it... clicking on the link shows me a "you don't have permissions..." page, but it seems kinda odd to have it there. Does it mean that he is currently editing his post or something?

18. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    mldoc, I have the same problem, but it seems to happen to me in Thunderbird as well as Firefox... it's most likely a client-side issue, but I'm still interested if anyone else has found a solution to this glitch.

19. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I still can't post a new thread as Safari quits instantly when I try (11 Dec 2007). Don't know what is meant by turning off scripting. Is this on a Mac System X? If so where?

20. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I thought this was a bug, but it is an annoying feature. The search program will not accept any words less than three letters long. So you cannot search anything with "EV" in the phrase, or "What I hate about the Prius."

Can it be fixed to allow shorter words?