1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Forum Upgrade - post your bug reports/gripes/thanks here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We were taking too much of a performance hit with the new front page, so I have had to disable it for now. I am going to try to work on it later today to see if I can get it operating correctly.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The new waitress in Fred's got the orders really confused. I don't see anything recent, and the 'latest' are all from last year.

Edit: Hmmm. They all seem to be in alphabetical order. Unless I click on 'last post' to rearrange them, but this is new. Isn't it? I'm sober, I swear.

3. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm seeing the same thing. I did the whole logging out/clearing cookies chicken-feather dance too but still seeing the old posts.

4. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Same thing here too...

5. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I seem to be losing my "internal" smilies pretty often. No, I don't mean my job is getting me down, I mean the ones I try to post somewhere within the body of a message rather than at the end. I notice it pretty regularly with the :lol: one, but not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'll have one in there, hit the preview button and its gone. Re-insert, hit the submit button, and its gone again :(

Please, save my internal smilies!

Thanks,
    rob

6. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm having the sorting issue too. It defaults by alphabetical ascending. If I try to change it to last post time (the normal default) it goes back to alphabetical. The "In the last" option does work.

7. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Everytime I come to the site now it tells me I have to log in. So I try to log in and it just keeps telling me to log in. I've cleared cookies and everything, but if I click on see new posts, I'm already logged in. :confused:

8. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That is my problem too.

9. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    omg the thread sorting issue defaulting by thread name is annoying the !@#$ out of me.

10. klodhopper

klodhopper New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Serious "time warp" problem folks....seems to have defaulted to an earlier date!

11. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yeah it makes the forums completely unusable...

Fix it...must post threads! MUST POST THREADS! :eek:

12. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good thing I'm subscribed to this thread and saw all the posts about the forums always trying to sort threads alphabetically, that threw me for a loop for a minute.

13. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Until Danny fixes the sorting issue, do this:
    Open a forum. Click on the "Last Post" link, which is located directly below the "forum Tools" dropdown menu. Then the forum will be sorted the way we're all used to.

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, I fixed the sorting issue. Sorry about that.

I played around with the Quick Reply again and still can't get it to work right, so I disabled it again.

For those who are constantly having to re-login, if you are using a Bookmark to reach the site, try deleting your bookmark and re-bookmarking the page you want. The login state issues started after I installed the "SEO Friendly" urls so I think it is associated with that. It has worked for at least one member who emailed me, at least.

15. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Danny, that appears to have worked.. though I'lldouble check tomorrow:cool:

16. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    feeling forgotten

In the last 2 days, every time I go to Prius Chat I have to log in. I always check "remember me" and it always used to, but suddenly I am being forgotten. Is it something I said?:(

17. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Re: feeling forgotten

Judy,
    The short answer: yes.

More likely, it might be a cookie issue. So go get a cookie and we'll address the issue. Danny had to tweak some of the cookie settings which causes people with the "old" cookies to have problems.

Try closing your browser and deleting all the Priuschat cookies. I use Firefox and found that once I deleted the cookies it assumed I didn't want Priuschat cookies. So it added the site to the "don't accept cookies form these sites" list.

Let us know if that helped or not.

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Judy - check out this message that I posted above. It should help.

19. diamondlarry

diamondlarry EPA MPG #'s killer

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've noticed a new problem. When I logged in tonight, I got a message that said that I had entered an incorrect username or password. At the top right of the screen however, it said "Welcome, diamondlarry." The message also said i had used 1 of 5 attempts. I had to restart my computer for an unrelated matter and, when I went to log in to PC again, I got the same error message even though I was logged in and I had now used 2 of 5 attempts. I am concerned that if I log in enough times I will get locked out. That would be awful!:(

20. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier. Not a bug, but in my opinion a poor choice of defaults:

There is a checkbox below the Reply to Thread text box, which has the option to:

This means that someone puts a URL like www . kittens . org (a made-up example) and when the post is posted, instead of showing the URL, it says "Your best place to buy playful kittens since 1874."

I suggest that the default for this selection should be UNCHECKED, and allow people to check it if they want the URL to be replaced by the site's description of itself.