1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Forum Upgrade - post your bug reports/gripes/thanks here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    when i go to user cp then i get the following message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fetch_coventry() in /home/priuscha/public_html/forums/usercp.php(503) : eval()'d code on line 16

2. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Danny,

If this a repeat, my apologies. I can't see reading all 420 prior postings.

On the new thread page: there should be a <Cancel> button. Sometimes, at the very last minute before posting, I find info on my concern in the similar posting listing at the bottom of the page. I delete all my text, but I'm never 100% positive that there's not going to be a totally vacant posting when I go on to other pages.

Maybe there is some little trick to do this now. I'm a first-time forum user and if it's there now it's not intuitively obvious.

Thanks

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's a good point - right now the best way to get out of typing a post is just to navigate away from the page. Let me see what I can do.

4. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    my problem is solved now

thx for it

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Login issue - Login successful but warning error

I searched and only found old posts, before the Dec 07 upgrade, so I hope I'm not repeating a previous problem post.

I logged out last time and today when I went to PriusChat.com I naturally wasn't logged in. My browser populated my name and password for me, so I clicked the login button. I got a warning that I had used one attempt out of five, but at the same time the upper right box said Welcome, Bill Merchant. The number of new posts was listed below that. I was clearly logged on.

I searched for login problems and found similar issues in 2004 and 2006, but no recent ones like this.

So, natch, I scroll up after posting and see DiamondLarry had the same problem.

The full error message (just happened again as I logged on) is:

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Perhaps more evidence that the server is unable to handle the increased traffic. If so then the site design should start dumping the superfluous graphics. Animated avatars, smilies and sigs burn up CPU cycles and bandwidth while adding nearly nothing to the content of the site.

7. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Two related points:
    1) I would like to quickly navigate to my recent posts. Currently I need to get off the home page (for some reason I can't get to my profile from the home page showing latest news articles), click on the quick links to get to my profile, then I can click on the "see posts from this member" link.
    2) Once I see my recent posts, it would be nice to see if there are new messages on these threads. There's the total number of posts on the thread, but that only helps if I memorize what post # mine was. Or maybe include the date of the last post, so I could compare that to the date of my thread, which is available as I recall.

Thanks.

8. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2 Minor Things:

1. The "PriusChat Amazon Store" frequently features the Black & Decker SimpleStart Battery Charger (the one that plugs into a cigarette lighter to give a car a slow 10 minute jump). The problem, as a lot of us know, is that this type of battery charger doesn't work with the Prius and its 12V outlets. It wouldn't surprise me if a few unknowing members have already seen the "PriusChat Amazon Store" ad on the PriusChat Home Page, and ordered this battery charger that doesn't work on a Prius.

Danny - maybe you can get Amazon to remove this battery charger from its PriusChat Amazon Store?

2. Extended Warranty for Sale Thread. The initial post for the stickeyed Extended Warranty thread still shows old MSRPs for the Extended Warranty and Prepaid Maintenance Plan.

Danny - maybe you should update those MSRPs so that it would accurately and better show how much of a bargain getting the Extended Warranty from here is? The current MSRP for the Extended Warranty is $1850 (not $1650), so it would be almost a $900 (not $700) savings off of MSRP if the warranty were purchased here. The current MSRP for the Prepaid Maintenance Plan is $1355 (not $1350), so the error is of little consequence here, but you may as well fix it.

9. bug67

bug67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OK. Here's something I find truly annoying. I do like being told what to do. I do not like even a suggestion as to what I should or should not do. I like to have my own choices and I like to make them by myself. So, when I am smacked in the face with a "suggestion" that reads,

"Hello bug67 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums??"

It stinks of forcing the issue. If I want to post I'll post. If I don't I won't. I know this is supposed to promote participation but, no sir, I don't like it.

I'm guessing now that I've posted, the message will go away. I bet it returns, however, if I don't post for awhile.

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Annoyance:

After logging in, if I go directly to, and click on, "Subscribed Threads" - nothing happens!
    Only after I first click on something like "View New Posts" will the "Subscribed Threads" link work.

This has been happening for months now.

-----
    UPDATE:
    Actually, none of the buttons in the "Quick Links" drop down menu work first thing after logging in. I must click on another type of link first.

11. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    While I haven't seen the message, I agree that it's counterproductive to "encourage" someone to post when they don't feel the need to.

If they have something worthwhile to say, they will say it.

12. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I see way to many messages that consist solely of "LOL" or a smiley. I suggest the negative: If you don't have something constructive to say, don't say anything.

13. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's likely not the fault of Priuschat per se, but a "feature"
    of the vBulletin platform upon which it runs.
    _H*

14. bug67

bug67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I wonder, perhaps, if there's a switch available to turn that particular "feature" off?

15. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't been able to open the home page of priuschat.com all evening. I'm only here now through the backdoor -- did a google search with "PriusChat.com" among the search terms, and just clicked on one of the results.

16. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Tom, try emptying your browser cache.

17. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Bill. I don't remember having this problem before, so this is all new to me ... How do I empty my browser cache? (I'm on a different computer now and was able to get onto PriusChat.com w/o any problem.)

18. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bill,

Never mind. I figured out how to do it. Thanks again for the advice.

19. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    How to empty depends on your browser. In Safari, there's Empty Cache under the Safari menu item. In Firefox it's in the Clear Private Data dialog.

Rats, I wasn't fast enough... If you get a bad page in your cache, which can happen for a wide variety of reasons, every time you try to go to that page the cache data blocks it. The cache is just there to speed up viewing of previous items. It works well until it doesn't work.

20. bug67

bug67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :mad: Ok. I just logged on and was plastered in the face with the same intrusive (IMO) plug:

"Hello bug67 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

I will contact the forum admins about this and if nothing can be done about it, will be leaving this place for good. If I want to post, I'll post. Don't frakin' push it. You'll just piss me off!:mad: