1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Forum Upgrade - post your bug reports/gripes/thanks here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Keri

Keri New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bug67 Wrote:

"""":angry: Ok. I just logged on and was plastered in the face with the same intrusive (IMO) plug:

"Hello bug67 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

I will contact the forum admins about this and if nothing can be done about it, will be leaving this place for good. If I want to post, I'll post. Don't frakin' push it. You'll just piss me off!:angry:""""

That is a little over the top don't you think? Can't you just ignore it, or do what you did and just post so that it goes away? :DKeri

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My mum used to say,
    "why cut off your nose to spite your face?"
    I don't want to come across as rude but if you don't post no one will miss you if you do stay away, the information you log on to read was all posted by other members eager to help and share. If no one ever posted no one would bother logging in would they? It's a simple reminder that the forum exists because people contribute. Just go past it, maybe a deep breath or two.

3. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thank you so much Danny for building this AWESOME site!! I have already learned a ton.
    I can tell this platform has thorough structure/functionality. Much impressed!

My only gripe... Wth with being down so much lately?
    I get real excited to read/post, log on to PC, then time out for the rest of the day(if I'm even able to get that far).

TG for PriusOnline, but it's not the same.

I'm sure any disruptions are in the interest of a more improved site, and I'm just being selfish(+ on the computer too much :)), so don't take this too personal, but dang it's frustrating to time out on PC.

I am hanging in there.
    Like I said. You have a great site and many terrific functions/contributors.
    I LOVE PC!

4. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I could not post at this time....not sure what is happening. Perhaps website problems?

5. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Why does it tell me that I have not posted in several weeks??? It is not true and it is iratating to see it each time on every screen. I post when I want to and don't need to be reminded. I guess this will turn it off for a few days anyway.

6. RichL

RichL New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Unable to upload a custom avatar of 16kb in size. Keeps defaulting to "no avatar"

7. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I was writing and uploading a picture, and the system reject me to continue after doing a write preview and I lost all the information, again.
    This site is becoming to be a real pain in the ars with all the "inconveniences", no wonder way so many people is migrating to more strong infrastructures.
    If I'm lucky, this will get posted.
    A piss off PC participant.

8. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Danny, I love PC. I've learned a ton from reading posts, asking questions, getting highly valuable responses, but the change-over is testing me a bit.

I regularly get messages saying I can't access PC or an denied. I run over to Hybrid Chat to find out what I can do to get back on, and then I'm almost good to go again. Unfortunately, I've been logged off several times lately -- even in the midst of reading and posting.

I just completed writing a post that would have changed the world and made made grown men weep with newfound appreciation for the arts. Unfortunately, when I clicked "Submit Reply" I was faced with a page telling me I first had to log in. My post was lost, and the OP will never know how much he could have been helped.

Yes, I'm over the top on this one, but really, it isn't the first time this has happened in the past couple of days.

I notice the site is much quicker to read, and I get much quicker responses when searching, reading and even posting (when it works!). I'll be around, but if things are not improving, I will be much more hesitant to post.

Best of luck getting this whole thing completed! If I knew how to help, I'd offer!

9. midget

midget New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    When I change pages now, the next page chosen always automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page, forcing me to scroll back to the top to begin reading.I did a search for this problem, but there were too many pages to deal with when having this problem. Thought maybe if I asked someone who saw an earlier fix could help me. thanks

10. Porsche998

Porsche998 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    One comment- It would be helpful if we had the option to receive an email if a thread that we had contributed to had additional postings. By sending out an email once a day say, we would be able to be updated on waht had been said rather than searching.

11. sleonardelli

sleonardelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just wondering if there are server problems again. :confused: The last couple of days this page will lock up to the point I have to close it and go back into it. :( Then it locks up again within minutes. :( I just had to close out of it again minutes ago.

12. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Crazoid text/typing problems. Two different. computers and OSs: When typing, backspace suddenly starts jumping several characters backwards. Type one character JUMP. Relocate pointer, repeat problem. PriusChat is the only site I have ever sent this. ARRRG!

13. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Reviving a thread from 2008 that only related to a software upgrade IN 2008??

14. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh crap. That's what I get for trying to post to the correct thread. Where should I ask this question?

15. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Right sub-forum.
    Just start a new thread.

I have been noticing lately that it takes a LONG time for the server to finish spitting out all of whatever it needs to......and if you start scrolling (or typing I assume) too soon it will jump back to where it was.....once, twice or three times.

RCO likes this.
  16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks danny!(y)

RCO likes this.
  17. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Will post this here as well. Been trying to send PMs (start a conversation) for the last week and get the following error :

Page Not Found
    Oops, something went wrong.
    We could not find the page you were looking for. But, maybe we can help.

Navigate through our top menu or contact our team, browse the forums or search for the keywords, to find what you were looking for. Or, start a new discussion by clicking on new thread, and open the conversation :)
    Any idea when this feature will be fixed or available again?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  18. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Will bump this (and others), since it has been at least a month now.