1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Forum Upgrade - post your bug reports/gripes/thanks here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Dec 2, 2007.

1. TummyMan

TummyMan Tummy Man

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The new software did not remember my password or log on name.

But if that is all the trouble I have I will be back.

Thanks for a great place for someone like myself to learn all I can about the Prius.

I will be buying one in Jan. 08:D

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm... looks like my other reply for the Camry hybrid was posted. Oops!

Anyway, nice upgrade! Thanks Danny!

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Quick reply has not been working for me. It tells me that my message is too short

4. smartsense

smartsense New Member

Remove this message is is frustrating

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

I communicate with as few of words as possible. This is ridiculous to keep posting the about message.

5. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nice upgrade to vBulletin. Good stuff, much better forum software with tons of plug ins available..

6. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Even though I haven't been here for a while ( oops ) I had no problem logging in and using my user/passwords. Even all my PM's were still there. I like the format as I been on other boards that are just like this. So nothing new to learn, . But I suppose there will be something I won't know. Just have to ask for help if that happens.

Also hi to all my friends here. I would list them but I may forget someone and don't want to do that, .

7. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    First off - thanks to Danny and everyone for the hard work they put in on the software upgrade!! It's very much appreciated. Now, on to the bitter complaining....

1. I have to say I'm not too fond of the new layout. Everything seems really cluttered and a lot of the columns and icons and whatnot seem unnecessary. Part of the appeal of the old PriusChat for me was its clean layout and design.

2. Along those lines I really dislike having the avatar/user information running along the top (rather than to the left) of the message body. It distracts from the message text, makes the page layout as a whole look sloppy and doesn't add anything useful being in that position. Also, it appears users can use rather large photos as avatars (which exasperates the cluttered look issue).

3. Continuing to beat the "cluttered" horse into the ground....Is there anyway to shrink or differentiate the signatures from the message body (aside from a simple division line)? Often the message body is just a few words or a single sentence and it's all but lost between the avatar header and the signature.

To end on a positive note the forums do seem much zippier now. Thanks again, Danny! :)

8. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    This software upgrade has a familiar aperance...., so far lots of bugs, hope these will be cleaned out shortly, lost all my threads, pictures and signature settings. Password took 2 hours to reset.
    Will talk about speed after more than 50 connections at a time.

9. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Weird error message. I hadn't seen this before.

The one thing I'd noticed is my Avatar is much larger than I remember it from before. Do I need to resize it and upload a new version?

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

10. burns_fisher

burns_fisher Burns

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The first reply I put in under the new software was rejected because it was too short. I don't see that a couple sentences is a non-legitimate post!

This one was too short too. Ok, Ok, I'll lengthen it. How about this? It said I had to lengthen it by 1 character.

11. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    a

Here is the error message:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters."

It looks like if I put in "Title" text, it works but without it, I get this error. Perhaps it is actually complaining about the "Title" text, which I hadn't been setting.

Bob Wilson

12. panda

panda Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    reset my password, and all is well.

Why did you switch forum software?

13. burns_fisher

burns_fisher Burns

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ah, the problem seems to be "Quick Reply". If I post the exact test from above using "quick reply" it complains that my post is too short by 1 character and ten takes me to the full feature text entry and apparently lets me enter the same thing.

Thanks for the upgrade...lots of good things here, I think!

14. burns_fisher

burns_fisher Burns

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Missed that there were more entries in the thread

So you have now seen the result of what I might think is a mis-feature. (Not new; I think the old one had it too). That is that it is not obvious when you have reached the end of a thread (or have not). I did not notice the little Page Number dohicky and thought I was at the end of the thread. There was a place to post, so I posted. Turns out to have been a duplcate bug report that has appeared in serveral other posts that I did not see. Ah well. Probably more me than you, but there is a small human factors issue here.

15. panda

panda Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, I get the same result trying to quick reply...

So, I'll slow reply...

16. patamem

patamem New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    battery

I'm glad to see this forum up and running again. I'm a pleased and proud Prius driver (2006 model) but I have one problem I haven't been able to solve. Could someone please address the issue of leaving a Prius over a period of time, say at the airport while you go on a trip. So far my experience has been if I don't drive within a two weeks period the battery goes dead. Waiting for AAA to give me a jump isn't what I have in mind at the end of a long plane flight.

Thanks.

17. panda

panda Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    smilies don't see to work...

18. ollyau

ollyau New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm normally orionll here on PriusChat, but I can't seem to login to my account here. I can't remember the email address I used to register my account either. Can a moderator please reset my password and send a temporary one to the email address I used to register this account?

Thanks

-Orion

19. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Posting took about 5 minutes. It actually gave me a failure message, but 5 minutes later I looked at the page and my post "took."

Also, my photo icon is gone from posts.

Not whining, just letting you knwo of potential problems!

20. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I figured out which email address I used to register. Please disregard the earlier message from me on my ollyau account. Sorry.

Quick reply is verified broken by me too.

-Orion