1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat is 2 years old!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Ghoti

Ghoti Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congratulations on a great site! Here's to (at least) 2 more years of helpful informativeness, and insightful discourse!

2. barbg

barbg New Member

Congratulations Danny and eveyone else here! This forum has been a superb place for the most complete information about this purchasing decision. I've never had as much information about a car purchase as I've been able to obtain here in preparation for our Prius, due in a few weeks, we hope!

I found the site the very first time I got online to do research on the Prius, since we were pretty sure we wanted to order one. I think our order wouldn't have been placed anywhere near as soon withut the the very helpful informaiton that is so easily accessible here.

So, Danny, thanks for your vision and work and thanks to y'all here for the information, the mileage tests, the fun and all!

We're nubmer 40 on the Eugene list for our dealer (Oregon Roads) and can't wait to get our car!

Thanks all,

Barbg

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

4. MyPria

MyPria New Member

From a new PriusChat poster-Thanks so much! I've learned a ton about my car and really enjoy your site! :)

5. PhotoLady

PhotoLady New Member

Congratulations on a super 2 years!! :)

I got a lot of really good information from here when I was thinking about getting the Prius. I read for hours!! Everything is laid out here, all the good things and the things to look out for.

I hope that you will keep up the good work and give all of us a place to go for our information.

Not all of it is in the manuals, and I am facinated with the number of owners who are 'hacking' their vehicles to add things to it.

Thanks and keep up the good work!!!
    :lol:

2005 Seaside #6 w/ etched glass
    Diamond Fusion and Auto Armor

6. Sev

Sev Junior Member

Congratulations on a fabulous two years! The information has been solid, the comeraderie great. Danny, you personally have been very helpful in many ways and have inspired others (including me) to get involved. Keep it up...I'm sure the next two years will pass very swiftly.

The Prius Club of San Diego salutes you!!!

Sev MacPete, President

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

How did I miss this thread?

Happy Birthday PriusChat! Thanks to all of those that founded, operate, and support the site!

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    even with the little bit of time that i have spent here, a few things are very clear. the variety of people and experiences shared on this site has made me a much richer person in so many different ways.

the people here, in good times and bad (been in my share of arguments fore sure!!) have still had the willingness to help someone but also to give a realistic and sometimes tough response when needed.

there have been many awesome moments to mark the progress of this site, a thread to vote on the most memorable moments... ah...maybe too early for that...

but if i had to vote...

i'd probably have to wait until Danny took his maiden voyage in his Prius...

9. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't feel bad,bigdaddy. My pc has been down and I just got it going the other day. Thanks Danny for putting this together. Doesn't seem like that long ago I joined up and look at all the members in the past year. My how PC has grown in such a short time.

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member

No, Danny: thank you...
    • For providing a place for a lot of good information and intelligent (and often different) perspectives. (And not just about Priuses!)
    • Along with the moderators, giving this site a dignity and decency that is rarely found on any discussion board.
    • For getting me over to West Seattle 1.75 years ago to meet a bunch of dedicated Prius pioneers, which converted my initial enthusiasm into a mild obsession (before and after my '05 Prius arrived)!

Y'know, that 8 month wait for the car was actually fun, thanks to this group.

Congratulations, man: you have a lot to be proud of. And when your Prius arrives... we want pictures!! :)

11. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, have us pioneers really been here for 2 years now? I remember coming here when the '04 was getting ready as a refuge from the Y! boards which were just overrun with dupes, flames, and noise. Haven't looked back.

Thanks Danny for maintaining this site - it's been invaluable to us all.

12. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Thanks for all of your work Danny. I think I found PC shortly after you got started which was shortly after I got my Prius Nov. 8, 2003. I have learned a lot over the last 2 years. This is the ultimate resource for Prius owners and researchers. You are A-OK! ^_^

13. agill

agill New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congratulations to the founder Danny and founder members of this forum. When i was scouting online for a new car, primarily a Hybrid, i came across this forum. And then, believe it or not, my dealer recommended it to me as a great source of info. Indeed it is a fact that this forum is an outstanding and amazing repository of Prius and general automotive related information.
    Thanks and best wishes to the forum for all years to come.

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks to all for the kind words - I think it's great how many "founding members" still hang around the board on a daily basis.

15. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Gracious thank you for high quality, cordial and courteous two years. The gentle exchange of information never stops and everyone benefits. Priuschat sets a high standard for others.

16. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey.. in another 10 years.. we'll be founding members too! :D

17. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

ya... i can hear it now..

I 'member back in the day waaay before our one millionth member... we had to walk 8 miles in the snow just to get to the chatroom!!. yup, they just dont make forums like they used too...

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  19. bookrats

bookrats New Member

..."You kids today! You have no concept of how important it was to acquire Points!" :D

20. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol:

i miss the points system! it was completely pointless but vastly important.