1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat listed on Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive website

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jkash, Oct 21, 2006.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go to http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/minisite/hsd/hsd.html and click on Sign Up/Links. From there, click on Forum. You'll see the Priuschat link there. Under the Links section, there is also a link to Priusonline. Looks like Toyota knows that Priuschat and Priusonline are the two best Prius sites on the www.

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's like preaching to the choir. If people already made it that far, they are probably aware of this forum. But the mention doesn't hurt. That is an excellent endorsement.

Google, on the other hand, is very much out in the wild. A search-engine like that is far more likely to get hit long before something within Toyota's world. A search for "Prius" info there is much more random. The popular websites are listed first, including this one... and mine.

It's rather interesting. Back in 2000, there was a crude website featuring the 1998 model. Despite its lack of content (and quality), it stayed on top for quite awhile simply because there wasn't any competition. Today, the situation is entirely different. Try searching on some of the less popular services, or a version of Google for another country. You be surprised by the results.

3. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Choir or not - I too think it's great endorsement. Thanks - now I have some new links to check out!

4. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john1701a @ Oct 20 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]336021[/snapback]</div>
    John, I meant no disrespect to you or your website in my comments. What I should have said about PriusChat was that it was the best Prius discussion website. Your website should also be included on Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive website.

5. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Jeff, I knew what you meant. Being able to tap into an audience that wants to know more about Prius but isn't necessarily interested in online discussions is how my site has been able to survive. That difference was important. Otherwise, it would have been squashed by the remarkable success of PriusChat.