1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat really is a superior site.

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by octavia, Feb 24, 2010.

1. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dear Danny and moderator crew,

I've been clicking around this site for a few months now and have noticed a significant quality difference between Priuschat and other specific interest sites/forums that I either frequent, or have tried to frequent.

I think this might have something to do with why people come here drawn by love of the Prius and stay for love of the community. My initial noob questions where answered or redirected by kind members and moderators. Not once have I been left feeling unwanted or devalued here.

I have been trying for three or four weeks to post an avatar on a different forum site. I always get an error message, most of them being that the size I was trying to load was too big but the last one made me laugh out loud:

It really opened my eyes to how good we got it around here. I have never had a problem posting an avatar. (I've proven that over and over), or any other link or attachment for that matter.

I can't post a signature on that site either, they claim that their site is just so popular, that if they allow signatures, the trolls use them to overrun the site.

Ahhh.. They don't know what a true troll is! ;)

I had to smile when I read that and realized how well the moderator team here and infrastructure manages to support us in posting and sharing, and slay trolls efficiently too.

So cute too that they thought their website was that busy. I've never logged in to see over 500 posts since last visit, as happens here on a regular basis. Maybe a page or two in a week or two....

My point in this thread is to acknowledge what a great site this is. I've had a much nicer, supported experience here than anywhere else and just want to say thank you.

~Octavia

5 people like this.
  2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Plus we have threads about sheep!

Tom

3. ksstathead

ksstathead Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just KNEW this thread would be started by Danny...

And whatever happened to the member with the avatar of a beautiful woman peering through leaves :)?

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    She left a long time ago. You can't expect a woman like that to stick around with this bunch of degenerates.

Tom

2 people like this.
  5. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Didnt she run off with some guy with lightning in his pants? :D;)

6. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It is a great site.:)

7. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'll second that :D

And the members are all really great people - me included :eek:

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I stopped posting these threads under my other alias years ago :cool:

Thanks for the wonderful comments and compliments, octavia. This site really is a special place thanks to all of the great members that make it up - including you.

1 person likes this.
  9. Radiant

Radiant New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice sentiments, I like happy threads - kinda changes your perspective and makes my day.

10. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Since purchasing our 2010 Prius in December, I have had the pleasure to read and contribute to posts on PriusChat. I am delighted to report that I have learned more about our new Prius form members of this site than any other source and have also had the opportunity to share in a little Prius humor with this progressive group of members Thank you PriusChat and Members for this opportunity.

11. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i got her:D right here in my pants:p

so thats how you did it.. back then..:eek:
    :D

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I used to work in public elementary school. In addition to my scholastic obligations, I ran the before-and-after school daycare program. The kids knew and understood that I did the daycare because I wanted to play kickball with them, and basketball and swing on swings and in general be a kid. But every once and a while, something would happen where I would have to step out of the kid role and take control. Or as I put it, "you're going to make me have to stop playing and work, aren't you?" They always knew that when I was playing around I was just Tony but when something came up I was "the adult."

I think we try for the same sort of atmosphere. I don't come to Priuschat every day because I'm looking for something to report or someone to ban or whatever. I'm a Prius owner with personal and political views and I enjoy participating in the discussions, answering questions and asking my own. Occasionally I have to work but when that's over I enjoy getting back to just being Tony.

2 people like this.
  13. donalmilligan089

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I does seem to be habit forming though. I ought to be fixing lunch but here I sit

14. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    She's fickle. Or maybe she just has split personality. Perhaps she's a little worried that she might just be lonley enough to be an attention whore and wouldn't want that. Or maybe her photographer friend who was supposed to take a new picture of her went off and joined the ranks of those too busy falling in love with someone else to give her the time of day. Maybe she got in a huff again because no one respects her brains. Maybe her stalker found her again and she's hiding or.....

Who knows with that girl! ;)

Thank you for the compliment. When I get home tonight I'll put it back up. Stalker and attention whore be damned.

So he CLAIMED. In reality... not so much. I'm afraid of electricity anyway. :p

errrr :unsure:

And we are all glad that you play so nice in the sandbox Tony. :)

15. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sucking up here, but I find it better than any other forum myself. Half because of the mods, half because of the great users. Even the ones that don't agree with me. :) Great conversations here.

16. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm totally sucking up. ;)

17. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It is the members that are superior, for example me. I think I got Tony's fever.

18. ksstathead

ksstathead Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My work here is done, gentlemen.

19. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sucking up does work. :p

I love this site, too... and most of the people I've met IRL from here, I've also really enjoyed meeting -- like YOU!!

:hug:

1 person likes this.
  20. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In the early days I frequented three sites for Prius information. One was the Yahoo group for the Prius. That one was mostly more technical than I wanted, and the listserv format was clumsy for me. The other chat board lost out at first because it did not show an indication in the thread list of whether I had posted in the thread before, as PC does. This alone was enough to lean me toward PC. But the arrangement of forums, and the people and the quality of moderation here all seemed superior. And now I'm not much interested in the Prius any more so I have no reason to visit those other sites. And I gotta say, Danny has done a great job designing, building, and maintaining PC, and has a very competent bunch of mods.