1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuschat really is a superior site.

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by octavia, Feb 24, 2010.

1. PriuzGuy

PriuzGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If this site is "superior" it's not because of "troll slayers" efusco-genius and danny-boy, it's because of Prius owners who love their car. Troll slayers?? Give me a break...

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes. Troll slayers. Have you been here when we've had a troll attack? I have, and it has ground the site to a halt. The troll slayers stop the damage, then remove the debris. Without that, the site would become impossible to enjoy. I've been on sites that didn't have troll slayers, and I no longer go to those sites.

All hail the troll slayers! :hail:

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Don't even have a Prius any more, but I still spend to much time here. Must be the convivial company. I can still remember a few things about NHW11. Icarus, Chogan2, and a few others cannot push all the rocks uphill by themselves in 'certain environmental' threads.

However, I am not comfortable with the 'attention whore' explanation.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, Danny and the mods do an admirable job and deserve much of the credit for making Prius Chat the great site that it is. The members provide the content, but the mods create an environment where those people feel comfortabe participating, and Danny has done a great job of designing and programming the site to create an organizational structure that works. Compared to the Yahoo groups, for example, Prius Chat is a hundred times easier to use. We have well-thought-out forums for car discussions, Fred's for off-topic, and politics off in its own walled ghetto.

There is a place on the net for unmoderated chat boards. But this site would not attract the level of automotive information it does if it were not moderated. It's not just slaying trolls, it's keeping the discussion civil among the legitimate members as well, when tempers rise, as they will from time to time.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    :eek:
    WHHHAAAT??
    What happened? And how'd I miss that for so many months?