1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat September 2015 Software Updates

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Last night I updated the site to the latest version of our forum software, XenForo, and also migrated from our previous photo and video system to a new gallery add-on that you'll find under the new "Media" tab on the navigation bar above.

One new feature of the update is ability to add Tags to posts and your photos, to make them easier to find in the future for other users, and to help with organic content discovery.

Please post any bugs in this thread and I'll tackle them.

Off to Vegas tomorrow for the Prius Reveal on Tuesday, but I'll try to stay on top of it.

Forgot to mention, there is a cool new way to embed your photos from the Gallery system into posts. Just click on the Camera icon to show your photos. Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 3.10.25 PM.png

Here's a photo from one of my albums from years ago.

#1 Danny, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did the header forums used to stay in place as you scrolled down?

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes. Is it for you now or not? It did not for me last night, but this morning it started working again (inexplicably).

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no, they scroll up with the page, and i have to go 'back to top' to click on one.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi Danny. I notice the the new magnifying glass icon, for site search, at top of page. Any chance you could install some sorta "new postings" icon in the same area?

I appreciate "new postings" is almost at the top of every page, but not on some: alerts summary page for example.

Thanks!

image.jpg

#5 Mendel Leisk, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Danny likes this.
  6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Could you give us some 'best practices' advice on photos?

I typically post a URL to my personal web site versus trying to make the part of PriusChat. I appreciate the utility of having PriusChat hold a backup copy but by the same token, how do we update them?

For example, I often posts graphs but sometimes these need to be updated. In the past, the cached copy at PriusChat did not update so I had to make a revision and post that URL.

As long as the author has the ability to update an earlier JPG/GIF/MPEG, we're on the same page. If we need to have some sort of version or revision approach, I'm also very enthusiastic about this approach. But being frozen to one release, this is not good because it doesn't allow the original content author to revise and correct.

This is not a 'hair on fire' problem ... the priority is to let us know about the new Prius. There are subtle aspects I'm very interested in and determines which way I'll go: (1) super NHW11 , or (2) Prius Gen IV. No rush on the web-site question.

Bob Wilson

7. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Site main page is loading very slowly here since the update. It takes several seconds, Firefox latest edition.
    Sub forums and pages seem fine.