1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Site Updates are ongoing

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Mar 29, 2006.

1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    interesting....

very interesting. a bunch of hidden optins.

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    And while I'm on a roll - I've been confused about the "modification" sub-categories from my first day here. There are very few mods that I do, that fall easily into one or the other. I'm not sure that it helps anybody to have the two categories.

Are roof racks an appearance mod? A new antenna? Electrical outlets? LED interior lights? None of these are really appearance mods OR performance mods. Where's the best place to put them?

3. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The RSS feed is returning a 404...

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Will the Sponsor links be returning (or where are they hiding)? Somebody asked a question where I got something and I wanted to give them a link, but couldn't find it.

The new look is pretty sweet.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Mar 30 2006, 01:18 PM) [snapback]232454[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm... Strange, I didn't know about that difference. In a way it's kinda nice and in a way I can see where it would be annoying.

I'll see if there's a option that controls it somewhere....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Mar 30 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]232460[/snapback]</div>
    I'm open to any ideas for better ways to categorize the forums. Just let me know your suggestions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Mar 30 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]232524[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I'll be putting the sponsor page back up soon. Adding it to the list!

6. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Mar 30 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]232548[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Danny -

Honesty, I don't think we need the "appearance" category at all. What would we do that's only for appearance beyond changing the paint color, adding racing stripes or wheel spinners? Most mods change something other than appearance as the primary goal... I mean we aren't a Honda Civic forum! :) If we add side moldings, we don't primarily do it to make the car look better. Same with tinted windows, new wheels, blah, blah. I think the easiest change is to just make one mod forum since right now most topics are scattered all over both of them anyway. Maybe it would make sense to have one "general" mod forum, and one "electric/electronic" section? Trailer hitch goes into general (where would it fit now?) and the wiring for that hitch goes into electrical/electronic. The more I think about it, the more I think "general" and "e/e" makes the most sense.

The "new" part that is bugging me the most, though, is the non-WYSIWYG line-space formatting. (and now I see that if I do a "quick edit" I can delete line spaces, and it is WYSIWIG. Odd. There's a disconnect between the original compose window and the edit window.

Thanks again.

7. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yay! Outline view is working again. I wonder if this requires on-going db maintenance which is why it broke before.

8. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Mar 29 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]232051[/snapback]</div>

YOU is BAAAACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!

I HATE learning new stuff, believe it or not. I miss the listing on the left of the last 10 replies.....where can I find it now?

Uh Oh, will appending subsequent post together mess up my post count?

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL [you] your sooo funny

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's another added feature. Automatic image resizing! Now when people post huge pictures they won't throw the size of threads out of whack.

For example:

[​IMG]

Notice that this is not an attachment, but uses the same thumbnail dimensions as attachments do.

11. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yes! :D no more images taking over threads!

12. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    And cookies now work for me. No more logging in each time. Sweet!

13. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Mar 30 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]232548[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Danny...I've been wondering how to access them as well. :D

14. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Mar 31 2006, 02:26 PM) [snapback]233082[/snapback]</div>
    Looks like someone has really modified the cargo area of their car. Either that or someone really needs to put some work into their kitchen.

:-D

15. benighted

benighted New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Mar 30 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]232555[/snapback]</div>
    I agree, most mods we do that alter appearance are also have a primary use that isn't for appearance. Sometimes I find myself not really knowing wich mod forum to post in.
    Like Independant fog lights... performance or appearance?

16. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny,
    I like the idea of the pop-up "My Assistant" box when I have a new PM and being able to preview part of the message. But, It's annoying that it doesn't open in it's own window or tab when you click to read the entire message. Can ya fix that?

17. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 1 2006, 01:24 AM) [snapback]233343[/snapback]</div>
    I noticed that the first time I clicked it. From that point forward, I [Ctrl]+[Click] in Firefox and it goes into a new tab. I know you use Ff, Evan; perhaps until Danny gets the codefix, that'll work for ya.

I like the pop-up My Assistant too.

Seeing more and more little tweaks every day. You're a man on a mission. If I lived closer, I'd head over and buy you lunch.

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Evan - let me take a look into that, I'll see what's involved in changing that to open in a new window.

And... you asked for it, you got it! The Photo Gallery is officially online!

You can check it out by clicking the "Features" drop down menu on the top right and clicking Photo Gallery, or you can click the link below.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery

Create your own personal photo album, or drop your photo into the categories listed on the gallery page. Enjoy!

19. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 1 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]233418[/snapback]</div>
    Danny, I'm having problems with the drop-down menu in Ff. IE works fine.

[Eit]
    The "Community" drop-down works just fine.
    As does this "Fast Edit" window. This is pretty slick.

20. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benighted @ Mar 31 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]233328[/snapback]</div>
    Let's drop "appearance," change "performance" to "general" and put the currently separate "Audio-Electronics" forum under modifications where it belongs and change the name to Audio/Electrical/Electronic. I think that'll take care of it. Or at least make it a lot better. So, if I haven't lost you... I that that under "mods" we have two categories: General and Audio/Electrical/Electronic.

In the meantime, this "appended posts thing" is bugging the boogers out of me. Sometimes for valid formatting reasons, I do NOT want my posts appended, but there's nothing I can do about it until some (seemingly random) amount of time has passed, or somebody else posts. And I'm seeing all kinds of extra-long posts because of the double-space issue as well.

Thanks for making this such a great Board, Danny. I know it ain't easy.