1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Spied a Driftwood at the Mormon Temple in Springfield, MO about 10:45am today Aug. 1st

2. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Seen on Sheridan Blvd...Wheat Ridge/ Denver

Sitting on the patio at 30th and Sheridan have seen two Prii lately..so I believe they are the same ones.. a blue and a red 04.. if it you ...we are waving... :D

Bob, waiting in Denver

3. Batavier

Batavier Member

Saw one when driving home last night. Was on the A12 to Arnhem, around 22:30 local time. Recognized the rear lights from quite a distance away, but since I'd never seen one in the wild before, I wasn't sure. But when I got closer I knew it could only be a Prius. My GF comment: "Pretty sleek". Hehe.

About a month waiting time left for me now(supposedly)!

4. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    Date: Friday 30th July
    Time: 18:45

A silver TSpirit passed my silver T4; I prepared to wave, but the driver didn't look my way. Was it anyone here?

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In the past week I have seen 4 new Prii with temp tags in the area. Looks as if the Olympia dealer got a slug of new Prii this month. Anyone else notice a increase? Is the shift in allocation to the US starting to show?

6. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    On my 4,100 drive home from the dealer in Sacramento over the past week and a half, I saw a grand total of two other Pri once we left California. A super white waved to us on I-40 in New Mexico, and a tideland waved in lower SW Michigan on I-94.

My oldest daught drove me to pick up some chinese for dinner tonight, and a guy in a Jeep flagged us down on our very own street. He asked how we like it and mentioned that his wife ordered one here in Michigan last DECEMBER but it still has not arrived.

So someday there will be two Prius (maybe three if I keep the other one I ordered!) right in my own neighborhood.

7. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    On my 4,100 drive home from the dealer in Sacramento over the past week and a half, I saw a grand total of two other Pri once we left California. A super white waved to us on I-40 in New Mexico, and a tideland waved in lower SW Michigan on I-94.

My oldest daught drove me to pick up some chinese for dinner tonight, and a guy in a Jeep flagged us down on our very own street. He asked how we like it and mentioned that his wife ordered one here in Michigan last DECEMBER but it still has not arrived.

So someday there will be two Prius (maybe three if I keep the other one I ordered!) right in my own neighborhood.

8. chgomatt

chgomatt New Member

On our 1200 +/- drive from Chicago to Houston this past Saturday we saw only one prius of any version on the road. A sliver '04 traveling northbound on I-57 around Effingham, IL in the early afternoon. (Fr. Bill, was that you?)

Pulled into a Houston Toyota dealer to have the 10k service expecting to look at their Prii while waiting. None. They don't even talk Prius there. 10-12 month wait.

Quite a change from what we're used to back home. The lot I park in near my office is lousy with Prii, classics and 2-G's. I spot at least 3-'04's and as many classics whenever I use that parking lot.

Heading back to Chicago this weekend via a different route. Will keep our eyes peeled for that elusive "Prius-in-the-wild".

Matt
    '04 BC 3Q3

9. babesp

babesp New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Prii etc.....Today on I95 in Maine between Waterville & Kittery - saw an Insight, a classic Prius, a Civic hybrid, and two 2004 Prii. Still makes me smile and wave when I see any of the above. 8)

10. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    did a round trip to Mendocino two weekends ago, via 280, 101, 128, and 1. passed a honda insight on the long uphill south of Millbrae, saw several 03s and 04s in San Francisco, and a few on the way up 101. Mendocino either has a lot of Prii, or the two or three that are there kept driving by or parking next to mine, especially another silver #9, i think. we went up to the flow and nature preserve between Mendo and Fort Bragg, and another (or was it the same? :) ) silver 04 parked close to mine! a great place for Prii-spotting!

also saw several in the Mountain View area, but the drivers didn't respond to blipped headlights, waves or smiles. sad, but for some, "it's just another car"....

11. tmm

tmm New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's almost becoming an everyday occurence for me to see prii on the road now, even discounting a fellow co-worker's, who also happens to be a neighbor's classic (small town living). Last week I actually got a prius wave from someone driving a classic in Cle Elum, WA. Yesterday on my quarterly journey to the west side the Cascades I saw three. I was passed by a classic while driving over Snoqualmie Pass on I-90. Discovered another classic was parked one car over from me when I came out of the Petsmart in Issaquah and then I parked across from an 04 at Costco. This evening while leaving the office, another classic drove by. I followed it a short distance until it turned off into a new subdivision in Cle Elum. Humm, possibly a new homeowner with good taste in cars.

12. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

There was a silver parked at a neighbor's house 2 houses down. 1st time I've ever seen one in my town. Seen 3 ever in DFW

13. ebcain

ebcain New Member

There are at least Three (mine included) that live in Benicia CA. I see at least two every day on my 45 mile commute, they are city/county owned vehicles. I have seen more classics on the road in my travels than new ones. It is amazing how you notice more once you have one of your own.

14. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I saw a Seaside Pearl on Gender Rd. in Columbus OH last weekend and gave the Prius 'wave' and they waved back! I've seen a lot more in our travels this summer into Ohio. Still not many in my immediate area but interest is definitely growing, with spots on hybrid cars showing up on the local TV stations much more frequently.

15. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    saw one a block away from my house, while walking the dog yesterday. seaside pearl and not #9 (no driving lights). beautiful!

16. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I saw a blue '04 lastnight in Sammamish while on my way home! AND on the Redmond-Fall City Road this morning I saw a '04 Driftwood! I am finding tons of Prii everywhere I look when in Redmond, a couple in Sammamish and Issaquah... can't go anywhere without seeing at least one these days. I'm loving it!

17. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Saw a Salsa on the way to the airport and a silver Classic about 6 blocks from home on the way back.

18. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw a Driftwood at a Branson, Missouri McDonalds on Tuesday, Aug. 17 at about 1pm...a lady with a toddler was getting in.

19. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    One fell swoop, and there goes all the cachet.

20. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Saw a Driftwood at Wendy's in Burnaby today White Rock (Peace Arch Toyota) tag on it.