1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wild sighting

And I thought we'd be among the first here in Duncan,BC ... that was shattered today when we went in hot pursuit of a Seaside which was proudly manoeuvering quietly around the traffic and out of town before we could have a good look at him. :|
    Frank: Is the Prius secret wave different up here in north country? :roll:

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Wild sighting

Eh

3. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thought that might be it. thanks. eh!

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I just wave, most don't even get that. I tried the secret one and got weird stares at me so I've gone back to the original wave

5. tara

tara New Member

Prius sightings

We just got back from a week long road trip up and down the state of California. Mostly traveled on the 101 up to Eureka and then powered back to San Diego down the 5. We played a game with our son to count the Pruis along the way. Counted 10 2004's and 2 classics. By the way, the car did great. Handled the Big Sur, the Hills of San Francisco, and the high altitude of the Sierra's without a problem. Lead footed hubby really pushed the speed limit along the 5 in the Central Valley (about 85mpg). Hill climbing and speed seemed to take a toll on mpg. I haven't really figured in out yet but according to the display we got low 40's. I usually get high 40's running around San Diego. Of course it should be noted that the car was fully loaded down. I read in the manual that capacity is 835 pounds and I bet we were getting close to that. This is of course much better mpg than we would have gotten in the F150 pick up truck that we took our last 6 family vacations in. The Navigation system really came in handy also. Much easier to find our way around this trip. Our son had a constant readout telling him how much further till we got home.
    Tara :D

6. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tara, guess the Nav system spells the end to those familiar cries from the back seat,"are we there yet?" 8)

7. hbolter

hbolter New Member

Tara:

Hello from a fellow San Diegan! Although I'm not an owner yet (on the list)...

Last week, my wife saw 4 Prii in one day, which is a record for us. I think I've seen 3 in one day at most. There's a white one I sometimes see in my work parking lot. I'm considering trying to find out who it is, but about 500 people work in our building, so it's a bit daunting... :)

8. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

Go to the Files Library, download the PriusChat business card, print off a few and place one on the windshield of the Prius. The business cards invite the owner to stop by and join the forum.

9. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

I was crossed by an '04 super white in stealth, being driven by an attractive young woman, between the bank of America and Publix at tower square Gainesville.

I was on my bike holding a white package, I waved and she smiled back :oops:

Hindsight, she was maneuvering a corner when I waved so if I'd got her somewhere else she may have waved back.

10. pshady

pshady New Member

Strange, but ever since I got my Prius (on Sat. 8/28), I haven't seen a single other Prius HSD (only a classic on the drive down).

Maybe I'm too self-absorbed and focused on my own Prius to notice. :)

11. swepri

swepri New Member

I saw a blue 2004 the day after I took delivery. I heard myself saying "wow a Prius!" then my brain caught up and I realized I was actually driving one myself.

In this little town we now have five 2004 and four classics.

/Paj

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There was a promotional thing right in the middle of my normal commute this afternoon so I took a different route. As I turned onto a two-lane highway, I saw a Silver Prius right in front of me. I caught up to her and we had a Prius Wave moment. :wave:

At the light, we were side by side and I got her to roll down her window. I wadded up a PriusChat card and executed a perfect toss into her car. I just hope she doesn't find it later and throw it out like trash.

13. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Saw a white 04 today and gave them the wave, shave and a hair cut. Nothing then I saw the plates exempt. State worker. I guess state workers are not aware how lucky they are! 8)

14. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Have seen more Prii in the Denver area... a Tideland at Safeway.. I pushed my grocery cart in that direction.. then it dawned on me.. DUH !!my 1st choice was Tideland.. I have a Driftwood... the other one had escaped from San Diego with temp. tags... on Sheridan Blvd and 30th we have seen a blue, red, and now a black Prius... today we took a drive to Boulder saw two on that trip....

Bob Andersen

15. impreza

impreza New Member

Went to buy stamps at the Providence Post Office. There was a white 04 in the far corner. So I parked next to him and he had his window open.

So I got out and said nice car. He immediately noticed my car and said where did I get my decals. (I've got Paul Demmits' decals on my Driftwood.)

We ended up talking for 30 minutes. I told him about Prius chat and to come here to find out how to shut off the reverse beep.

He absolutely loves his car. He was about 40 and felt it was the best car he ever owned.

After I got home, I took some Prius descriptions that I got from john1701a.com and printed a couple. And I also printed instructions on how to shut off the reverse beeper. Included on that sheet I put all the goodies you can get from prius chat and coastal tech.

I made about 5 copies of each and put thim in my car. I put all over them thanks to Prius chat and John1701a.com.

So now when I run into people who seem interested, I'll give them an info sheet. And If I run into another Prius driver who seems to have the "Prius glow", I'll give him the other info sheet.

16. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Couple more novel sightings...
    1)On or about Sept. 9th at the Library Center in Springfield, MO saw another Seaside Pearl...was in my wife's mini-van so couldn't do the 'Wave'. First Seaside, besides my own, I'd seen in the wild.

2)On Thursday, Sept. 16th I saw a White '04 in Little Rock Ark. at a light near 107 and 40. Again, in the mini-van and a 'fly-by' sighting.

17. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Earlier this week I saw a Milenium Silver, w/o fog lights, it had all sorts of political (local) ads on the rear driver's side fender, at the dry cleaners

I thought I was late for work so I didn't investigate further

18. tk37

tk37 Junior Member

I met another silver at a traffic light in pittsburgh today. I waved and the driver flipped me the bird.

19. Manoj

Manoj New Member

I saw a Silver Prius on the sohulder of i-65 southbound just south of Nashville on Thursday. I hope it was OK -- it was just crawling along, trying to merge back into traffic.

20. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    tk37, try to be optimistic ... the guy is probably a butcher and lost all but one finger on that hand. :p