1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. PRIUSINCTMI

PRIUSINCTMI New Member

I haven't seen a Prius in the Detroit area in over 4 months. I know people are buying them. I talked to the local dealer and she said there was a 9 month waiting list. I am going out of state to get mine next Friday.

2. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    seen an identical prius today...so we parked side by side...didnt have my camera...2 tidelands both #9 2004s...she had OEM wheels where i had Goodyear TTs...that was the only difference...about a half a dozen people turned their heads looking...what a sight...i see about about 6 sightings per day around here now...

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While Skiing at Copper Mountain in Summit County Colorado this week saw a Seaside Pearl 2G in the main parking area!

Also saw a Salsa on the way out to Colorado Last week heading West on I-70 in Kansas....felt like a duffus passing him in my Expedition! :-(

4. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cupertino, CA area.... parked at Penney's/Vallco yesterday, and saw an identical silver still with dealer ad instead of plates in the right rearview mirror! startled the heck out of me!

blue one (tideland?) '04 lives a block west of me; pearl '04 parks around the corner: may be a teacher at the elementary school on the next block.

hey, now i have to say "04 or 05?"

drove next to an identical 04/05 on Lawrence Expressway. 50-ish guy with salt and pepper beard ignored me totally for three traffic lights that we stopped next to each other for.

ah, for the old days in the '60s and the "corvette wave"..... and i don't mean that finger-salute, either!

+af

5. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are now two of us driving tidelands at the school I teach at. One of my colleagues finally got his Prius. He wanted the seaside, but took the tideland. One of the counselors is on a waiting list for a Prius as well.

6. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Northern California (as in 300 miles north of San Francisco) is actually a different state if not country, but I have seen 04-05 white and silver, and actually parked next to another seaside. I've maybe seen a total of a dozen individuals- the best sighting was a car carrier completely filled with Prii, but that WAS in San Francisco.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I saw a silver last week on US19 in Pinellas, FL. Tried to keep up with him, but traffic wouldn't let me catch up.

Saw another silver prius on County Line rd between Hernando and Pasco county.

Christmas Eve I saw one at the dealer for service in front of me. I was there hoping to get a replacement tire. I saw a sliver prius later that day on US 19 in Hudson. Figured it was the same car.

I doubt I would recognize a classic.

8. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

I took me over a year to realize that one of my Spanish classmates was driving a Prius. Now, this class is held at the Crisis Services Center where our small group of well into middle age and retired white collar workers consitutes the entire occupany of this building for our evening classes.

I could be in a sea of Prii and never know it.

The my wife told me that the neighbor across the street got the green one, otherwise I might still not know that.

9. techogurl

techogurl New Member

I saw two the other day at the Arts Center meeting. Was very excited. :)

10. Aly

Aly New Member

Just got my car 10 days ago and I have already seen an identical one. Of course I only figured that out after trying to get into it and wondering why my SE wasn't working.

I live in Los Angeles so it wasn't too surprising.

11. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Spotted a salsa and a tideland, leaving only black on my wild lifelist!

12. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Prius everywhere. In one 45 minute drive up the 405 from Costa Mesa to Marina del Ray, (LA area of CA) at 5pm - my lifetime high- 13 in one blow- oh, I mean 45 minutes, plus 4 Generation 1's for a total of - count them- 17 in 45 minutes!

Lots of Silver, Salsa, lots of Seaside (blue) a few Black, and one white.

Yes, there were two of us- in the car pool lane, and I was counting- the other was driving!

13. timmsumm

timmsumm New Member

They are everywhere here in Seattle. I've noticed that many city and state utilities are starting to use them as company cars. I even saw one in use by a fire station. My company has started using them as employee shuttles around our large campus. I took mine in for service last week and there must have been 20 of them in the garage and the lot being prepped for buyers or in for service - it was a sea of Prii. Wow.

14. Brent

Brent New Member

Here in So Cal I see Prii on just about every trip.

15. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

Saturday we were running errands in Fremont, Palo Alto, Mountain View and Saratoga and then back home. Saw about six 2G and one 1G. It was fun to be able to spot them out in the wild.

16. madadayo

madadayo New Member

I live in the Franklin Hills/Silverlake/Los Feliz/Griffith Park area of Los Angeles proper. I see a lot of them on a daily basis; especially, in my neighborhood. According to Toyota of Hollywood (the nearest Toyota dealership here), they sell the most Prii in the country. I, however, purchased mine at Penske Toyota (they gave me a great deal and were absolutely helpful & friendly...not saying anything less of Hollywood...just went with Penske).

On my hill alone...I see one other black one (mine's black), two Tidelands, one Driftwood, one Salsa, one Seaside, one Silver. Only thing missing is a white one. One time, there were three Prii (including mine) at the intersection. Gave me a giggle.

17. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    On my 14 mile round-trip commute between inner Washington, DC suburb of Kensington MD and upper Northwest Washington, I'll typically see at least 2 and as many as 7 or 8 Prii a day! Not many are wavers, though.

18. NHPrius

NHPrius New Member

I saw my first one yesterday in Somersworth, NH. I waved but I don't think he saw me... It was an '05 Driftwood...

I was excited because I got mine 2 weeks ago and I have been really looking to spot others. :)

19. olends

olends New Member

i've seen 5 in a day. and also gone 5 days without seeing any. it just seems so random here.

20. exhuman

exhuman Member

A couple days ago I got to park right next to another Tideland at the Trader Joe's. on Del Mar in Pasadena