1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. wstander

wstander New Member

I usually see 2-4 per day on my 85 mile commute from Ramona to Coronado/North Island. Yesterday, a silver 'twin' pulled next to me and inquired of the MFD hood; I referred him to Robin's eBay address and also PriusChat.com

In Coronado proper, I see a lot of those Ford 'Think" cars and even pedicab/surreys; not too many 'local' Prii yet...

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Just got in from a trip to Southern California. The first morning we got there I told the kids "I'll give you a dollar for every Prius you see." We were staying in Santa Monica, and decided to go up the coast for breakfast. I swear to god, but the 2 kids racked up $10 each within 15 minuts, and I had to cap it at $10. By the time the finished the trip 11 days later, we must have spotted 50-100 Prii in all. I compare that to the 4 Prii I've seen in Atlanta over the past month and a 1/2.

Most interesting Prius sighting was sitting on tour bus in Hollywood and being shown "star's homes" A brand new black Prius, driven by a dude with a mohawk, passed the bus in one neighborhood and parked in the driveway of what turned out to be Toby McGuire's house... Wonder if Spiderman has a mohawk now...?

And, I was actually quite amazed at how *few* of the really big SUVs I saw in SoCal. In Atlanta, we have big nice person hummers and navigators all over the place, but there most of the SUVs I saw were smaller versions.

3. wstander

wstander New Member

Yesterday on the way from work, there were 4 of us within 1/10 mile and 3 lanes on the freeway, plus an Insight and a HCH. This morining on the way in, I saw one in the opposite lane, and one passed me at 85mph+ (I was pulsing at 62mph in a 65mph zone)

4. Sid

Sid New Member

So far, the few other Priuses I've seen have been going faster than me. I saw 2 today on the PA turnpike at different locations. I was going to wave at one of them, but the driver looked grumpy and distracted, of course,it was rush-hour.

5. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is no longer just my imagination: At least half of the Prius sightings I've ever experienced are Millenium Silver Metallic. It's just too common.

I just drove from the Connecticut shoreline area/end of CT River out to mid-Cape Cod to visit my sister, running just a few errands before I really got underway.

I spotted a total of 8 Prii today.

1 Tideland (only second time I saw one in the wild)
    1 Seaside (first time in the wild)
    1 Salsa
    1 Driftwood
    4 Silver (I even saw one of theset a gas station...now that's a first for me!)

Although I did not spot a Black one today, I have seen them multiple times. I have never, ever seen a White one, which isn't surprising as my dealer said they never see them either.

6. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not surprising considering that Colorado has the biggest tax incentive for the Prius by far compared to any other State.

7. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

well it happened today, I was driving the wife's G2 and pulled up next to a classic, gave the guy a thumbs up and got a blank stare. I give up. Now the only people who wave back to a G2 are people driving Honda Insights.

8. commorancy

commorancy New Member

I prefer the colors that give me a grey interior (i.e. silver). Toyota beige interiors, at least to me, look horrid. Looks like a child spilled coffee all over everything. I don't think I could tolerate looking at that beige day in and day out. On the other hand, the grey interior is accented with maroon and looks awesome. I was offered several Priuses before I got the one I wanted with the grey interior. I had to end up waiting longer to get it, though.

9. baxsie

baxsie Member

I see quite a few here around Spokane. No one ever seems to be particularly friendly about waving and such.

What made me post is that I was in Rockford, WA (tiny little town) this morning. I'd just pulled off to park, and an identical black Prius was just going by.

First black one I'd seen in Spokane beside mine.