1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. earthlovergrrl

earthlovergrrl New Member

Victor...it would be nice to get all the Prii in Pacifica together....how could we do that? There must be about 5 of us now, right?

Les

2. penpendisarapen

penpendisarapen New Member

Unless they're in this forum or in the YG, I don't know how to get a hold of the others. The Driftwood lives near the end of Linda Mar. The others I've just seen driving around. It would be cool to get together. Maybe at Rock 'N Robs on Rockaway where all the classic car enthusiasts hang out.

3. miniracer

miniracer New Member

I'm seeing a new one just about everyday in the north Oakland Area. The last few have been a black Prius from Walnut Creek Toyota; a silver and a seaside pearl from Berkeley Toyota, and a Salsa Red right on the end of my block from Downtown Toyota (Oakland). I'm still waiting. Grrr!

4. dumaiss

dumaiss New Member

Unfortunately, in my area (Montréal), I've seen only 3 Prii since
    they arrived here a couple of years ago.

1- A classic while walking in the street
    2- A 2004 at my dealer in November 2003
    3- Another classic on the autoroute a couple of weeks ago.

I might start seeing more though since all the dealers I've contacted said they sold 5 or 6 since November.

I think most people here are worried about how it will handle the cold and the snow here.

5. I purchased my silver Prius middle of January. I still haven't passed another Prius or not one that I've noticed. (Indianapolis, IN)

6. Melgar

Melgar New Member

I brought my Prius in this morning to Toyota Central in Downtown, Los Angeles. When I got in the courtesy shuttle, the only other passenger was a man who was having his Silver 2004 Prius serviced as well. 2 passengers, 2 Priuses...Makes you feel like everyone's got one.

7. sjr14221

sjr14221 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Okay now I am seeing them!

I discovered that a white prius goes the opposite way along my morning commute a few weeks ago. :D

Soon after that, I happened to be out and about around lunchtime, and saw a silver enter a parking ramp downtown. :eek:

Then, last week, I got to drool over a tideland (my color of choice) that was being delivered at my dealership (unfortunately not mine). :cry:

Finally, I stopped in a local plaza to get a cell phone charger on Saturday and someone was leaving with a Silver. 8)

It means there are more deliveries being made and it helps me move up the list. I am now at least number 4 at my dealership! :D :D

Sharon

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have only ever seen two '04 Prius. The one I test drove, and two months later, the one I bought. My dealer says he's sold 5, including mine and the TRAC I test drove. One of the five went out of town. So there are 4 in Fargo, but I've never seen any of the others. A friend of mine drives a Classic, but it looks too much like a garden-variety sedan for me to spot any others.

9. xlarimer

xlarimer New Member

Oh man, I see them everywhere in Berkeley, California. Luckily I'm the first on my block with the white. :)

I even parked in front of one at work this morning.

Do you think they might be migrating?

10. humdinger70

humdinger70 New Member

Saw one today near the University Town Centre (UTC) in San Diego. Very sunny day and it was a very bright white car, CA plated (no frame) and had tinting on rear and all side windows (yes, including front passenger and driver side windows...normally a no-no in CA).

Makes about 7 I've seen in the San Diego area - two white, two black, one Seaside, two silver (one with some body damage...ouch). No Tideland or Salsa yet. :wink:

11. miniracer

miniracer New Member

I saw 2 new silver Prii today within 2 hours in a parking lot in N. Oakland. Both had paper plates from my dealer. I spoke to both owners and they gave me a realistic ETA for my car (12 - 14 weeks). They ordered in Nov and got delivery in late Feb. Dealer doesn't tell me squat - got more info from these folks in a few minutes.

12. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've seen several classics (they were probably there all along but I've only noticed them since getting my 04) but I've only seen 2 or 3 04's in the Northern Virginia area. Someone in my building recently got a black 04 -- I noticed the temporary tags last month so I know it's new. Anybody on the chat line work in Herndon next to the Hyatt? We could get together and compare notes!

13. rflagg

rflagg Member

I recently got my black 04, but I work just north of the Dulles Airport. On monday of this week I was side-by-side and waved at a black 04 driving north in the traffic jam on the Fairfax Co. Pkwy.

-m.

14. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

I see LOTS of prii just north of Golden Gate Bridge. Today I saw 2 other blue ones besides mine in only about 5 minutes. They must be pouring by the shiploads onto the CA roads!

15. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Tideland following Tideland

Yesterday, reverse commuting home from Central Contra Costa County (SF East Bay) through the choke point at the Caldecott Tunnel (4 lanes choke down to a two-lane tunnel), I was playing leap frog with another Tideland Pearl and eventually, we merged so that we were following one another for a short distance. Mine was from Downtown Toyota in Oakland (and waiting for plates); the other already had plates, but the licence plate frame indicated Walnut Creek Toyota.

16. fred

fred New Member

for the last 2 days i keep seeing this wild looking 04 black prius here in nashville.ooooooooops! nevermind....its uhhhh mine!!!!(oh boy oh boy)

17. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sheila, in the "old days", say in the '60s and early 70s, Corvette drivers would hook their right thumb under the rim of the steering wheel when they saw another Corvette coming their way, and extend the other four fingers in a "hi!" wave. quick and easy and visible to any other Corvette driver looking for "the wave."

since Corvettes went the high-roller/high tech way of bimmers and porsches, friendship and comraderie were overwhelmed by egos and "the wave" disappeared through the 80s and 90s.

if Prii drivers started doing that, i'd be happy and proud to do it back! and it's quieter than honking....
    :lol:

18. humdinger70

humdinger70 New Member

Total of '04s seen now up to 9...

1) saw my first Tideland, southbound on I-5 near Clairemont Drive...it does have a greenish color to it, and this was during a particularly overcast morning.

2) saw an interesting duo just south of UCSD entrance on Gilman Drive...a silver '04 (with driver on cell phone in her hand), immediately followed by a classic (silver or lavendar colored, I'm not sure). First time I've seen the two models together.

19. mossypete

mossypete New Member

I also live in Berkeley California I'ts 9:30 at night - I just walked the dog and saw 4- 04's (not including my own) and 11 earlier versions during my ~ 1mi walk.

20. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Springfield, MO area spots:
    Black one off and on in the doctors lot at work--I know who's that is.

Tideland leaving my work...another doc, just got his a week or two ago.

Silver last Saturday with MO tags at the Springfield Art Museum...don't know who's that is.

Silver at B&N a week ago--Kansas tags.

White Classic on the road 2 days ago--waved, they looked oblivious.