1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. T_S_Kimball

T_S_Kimball Ambassador from Uru

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hmm, I saw a Silver 04 a few weeks back in the diner I frequest at Hoboken (Malibu, on 14th); I live down the street so normally walk there on regular basis.

May have seen a black 04 drive by the apartment last week, but not certain since I had a bad cold then.

Last I heard there was a classic Prius in Stevens U, owned under the ZipCar program. Have not found it yet, but did find a gold Classic during my search one morning.

2. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

I finally saw a black prius 04 pulling out of a gas station. Black is teh color that I ordered, and I had never seen it in real life, so I was extremely excited. We followed the car around for about 3 miles and I talked to the owners. Everyone who owns a Prius seems to know a lot about technology and they ALL love their cars. This is because since the Prius isn't available at any car dealer, people really find out about the car through the internet. This means that any Prius driver just isn't your average joe. Well, i am still waiting on mine.... aah!

3. jchu

jchu New Member

Nampa, ID
    In past week one maybe 2 white ones, here and in Boise (Not sure if it was the same one); One Driftwood Pearl. All '04's. Also saw 2, one white and one silver on an Auto Delivery Truck between Nampa and Boise! Somebody is going to be happy!!

4. shona

shona New Member

I saw my first Prius since getting my car, I was beginning to wonder where they all went.... :|

It was a Tideland Pearl driving by the mall in Pleasanton CA. I was just pulling out of the bank after they passed by so he/she/they did not see me. :cry: It would have been nice to have given them the thumbs up.

shona

It has been in the 80's the past week so my gas milage has gone up....with my second tank of gas I averaged 51.9 mpg. :clap: and I am still breaking and was running the air conditioner! With my Neon I lost milage while running the air conditioning.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Wilmington, North Carolina.

Saw my first White, and my first silver yesterday. Saw a salsa last week.

6. richardgy

richardgy New Member

After placing an order at the end of December, I can't recall seeing one Prius until last night. A gorgeous blue seaside pearl pulls into a space as I leave the local supermarket in Marblehead, Massachusetts. As I gawp, the driver asks if I wan't to buy it. Cruel man! It turns out he's mocking me. And it's the color I wanted.
    The car has a drawback -- people gawping and asking question. For anonymity, buy a Taurus.

7. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    on my way to the dentist wednesday, saw a red '04 parked in someone's driveway. it was still there when i returned about an hour later... red, doggone it... like i ordered.

the rear window was dirty, and they'd used the wiper, and it looked like it didn't clear but 1/3 of the window. i've never had a car with a rear wiper before. it this one worth turning on?

oh, and a neighbor about three blocks over has an '03. according to reputable reports, she loves it.

8. fred

fred New Member

saw my first 04 prius since mine arrived a week ago. attractive blond(arent they all) driving tidewater green. she did not see me since she was concentrating on driving although i had my headlights on. btw i was at the dealers getting a toyota hat (cant wear my benz hat in it could i) came out and theres a lady on her cell phone talking to a girlfriend about MY car. she then hands me the phone and i end up talking for about 5 minutes to her. she says shes on her way to nashville to order. how bout that!
    fred

9. tossedrooster9145

tossedrooster9145 New Member

Just to repeat what some of the other SoCal owners have said, there are plenty of us here. I usually see a least two or three a week.

Funny though, not all Prius drivers are willing to acknowledge each other. Less than half will smile or wave. :? Go figure....it's L.A.!

I have even have people in other vehicles give me the thumbs up!

I have had my Prius 2 months today....

I LOVE MY CAR!!! :D

10. casc

casc New Member

well.... in my neck of the woods, prii seem to be multiplying.
    while i'm patiently waiting..... (yeah right who am i trying to kid)
    it's hard to see the 3 new ones in my neighborhood.....

so they're becoming comon sitings in sillycon valley

cas

11. starla30

starla30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    i've only seen about 5 in the wild around here and never someone else driving theirs while i was driving mine. i drove by one parked in a parking lot just after i got mine. it was so conspicuously parked, far away from all the other cars and as close to the road as possible that i got the impression the owner was showing off! when i parked at work this morning and went to cross the street, a silver crossed right in front of me. it made me wish i had arrived a minute later so he would've seen my car! lol

12. jimvitz

jimvitz Junior Member

I've had my silver BC 3 weeks and hadn't seen one other 04 Prius in the wild until this weekend - then saw 3 of them. One driftwood I drove alongside for several miles and we both gave the thumbs up sign as an acknowledgement. And two (another silver and a seaside) that belonged to other anti-war demonstrators who attended our town's enthusiastic rally on Saturday. We all chatted after the rally comparing MPG's and sharing our love of our 04's.

13. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In NW Vermont, I have now seen at least 4, maybe 5. 1 Tideland lives down the street as of 3 weeks ago, a family who's daughter ice skates with mine has had a Driftwood since November. Saw a different Driftwood last week, another this week, but don't know if it was one of the 2 I had seen previously. Also saw a "Road Salt Red" this week, though I'm guessing it will morph into a Salsa Red once we get to "Spring in Vermont" :) So, they are slowing arriving.

14. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Just saw 3 new '04 Priuses in a 1.5 hour period in North Seattle. One silver, one blue, and (the first I've seen in the flesh) a tideland pearl.

15. miniracer

miniracer New Member

I saw 5 today, 4 driftwood and 1 black. Seeing many more now than just a month ago

16. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Saw 2 brand-new Priuses today on a car-carrying truck going north on I-290 through Worcester, Massachusetts: a Driftwood basic model and a Millennium Silver whose price sticker I could not safely read so I don't know what options it had.

17. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

There are 2 '04 and 2 classics that park in my parking garage. I see classics on the road all the time and about 1 '04 every other day or so while driving.

18. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It was once in a blue moon that I would see a Prius. Then I got mine and that day I saw 5, 3 were '04s. And ever since, I have seen at least one a day. It was wired.

19. m4prius

m4prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Saw 3 04s in Dayton Ohio (Silver, Blue and Red)...About a month ago you could rent a Prius to drive...now the local dealership does not carry the rental...The last I heard was the rental was on an extended trip...but it never came back...I'm sure someone purchased the car.

20. T_S_Kimball

T_S_Kimball Ambassador from Uru

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Two weeks ago saw the same Silver 04 at the diner mentioned above (perhaps a regular there like myself), and an Insight in Hoboken that same evening. And last weekend I saw a Civic Hybrid in Hoboken, noticed the hybrid lettering by pure chance otherwise would have missed it.

Yesterday was talking in a car audio shop when a Super White 04 drive by, and everyone there admired it.

Yes, the last few weeks have been fun for me, its nice to see other hybrids besides mine here.