1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, there are Prii in the DC area.

I live in Downtown DC and there are a couple in the neighborhood including an 04 and a Classic within two blocks.

I split my work time between two offices in NoVA.

At the Tysons Corner office, There is a Silver 04 that parks on the surface lot and a Salsa 04 that parks in the garage. I also saw a new White 04 with Temp Tags pull in just this morning. (As an aside, one of the people in my office there bought a HCH because she couldn't get a Prius in a timely manner).

At the Chantilly office, there is a HUGE above ground parking lot of several acres, and a three story garage. So far I've seen a Salsa 04 and two Silver 04s there.

Funny thing is, I don't see many on the road, but they're out there.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

saw a Salsa on the commute to work in Vancouver British Columbia Canada yesterday and a blue Classic the day before.

3. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen a silver 04 twice now in the Decatur, TX area. It's only the second '04 I've seen locally.

4. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Yo Wolfman. Could you please cruise I-20 this Saturday so that I can have the opportunity to at least see a Prius on the loose. I have yet to see one in DFW outside of a dealership. I'll be the fellow in the red F150 :)

5. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, unfortunately, there isn't anything that would get me to go down there. I live northwest of the metromess. If ya wanna see my white 03, you'll have to come on up to highway 114 near Southlake after 1600. :mrgreen:

6. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

My in laws live in Springtown (no laughs, please). You never know.

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Saturday I saw a White one in greater Columbia SC on Two Notch Road near the Bi-Lo. Never saw that one around before.

A Silver one passed me on a sideroad Monday, but I'd seen one Silver before briefly so I can't say if it was a different one or not...

8. oxnardprof

oxnardprof Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, one parks on Thursday afternoons in the same lot at CSU Northridge (white).

A classic Prius parks one day per week (I spoke with the owner, aftermarket leather seats that look very nice).

I saw a Silver (already with plates) at the Channel Islands Farmer's Market last Sunday.

Then on Monday, a beige 04 (?driftwood?) passed me on the 118.

I have seen several on the commute between Oxnard and Northridge.

9. cybele

cybele New Member

Last weekend I was visiting at Saddleback Hospital in Laguna and noticed three other Prius in the parking lot - a blue one, a silver and a champagne classic.

The silver was in a handicapped spot.

10. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Priuses priuses everywhere...

Where I work it is starting to look like a prius convention. There are at least 2 classics & 7 04's... One of these days I'll have to take a picture.

11. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Well another Prius day here in Vancouver B.C. Canada, saw a silver B model and a black jelly bean but I couldn't tell you if it was a B model or not, just try and spot the SSSE black button on a black door handle at 30 miles an hour going in the opposite directions.

12. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since Jan 1st, I have seen a total of 3, thats right only 3, 04 Prii in Chicago. White, silver, driftwood. Since I've had my car for one month absolutely nothing, nada, zilch. Had to travel to Milwaukee for the IL/WI meetup to see a white and tideland 04. Dianne must be getting all the cars! :p

13. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Lately, I've been averaging 3 sightings per day (a mix of 2004 & Classic).

That's pretty sweet. I can still remember celebrating when this area (Twin Cities) finally grew to the point where I'd spot 1 per day.

It's only a matter of time before they are everywhere.

14. mostbucketgirl

mostbucketgirl New Member

It's nice to be a pioneer - but you want to know that your pioneering efforts are working on your fellow citizenry too! :mrgreen: As for D.C., I've seen a lot of them. And I know with all the waitlists in the area, and not one available in the area until 6 months from now (worst case scenario), I think that the reason why you're not seeing many now is because everyone's friggin' waiting for one!

In about a year, you'll probably see a lot more of them on the road.

15. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've had mine 2 months (ordered early in February). I might be the Driftwood, but I just saw another Driftwood today. I have seen a Silver twice. And I caught a glimpse of a Seaside on the Dan Ryan. I have not seen any classics.

That's 4 Prii (including mine) since I placed my order 3 months ago. That's pretty slim pickings for a big busy place like Chicago. :(

16. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Burlington Vermont area.
    I have now seen 2004 Prius in all colors except black. The white one had NY plates though so not a local. I must admit the Salsa Red I saw last week was MUCH better looking than the RoadSaltsa Red I saw in March. :) Could be the same car. Also see 2001-3s pretty much daily.

17. Sun__Tzu

Sun__Tzu New Member

Washington DC's Northern suburbs (Bethesda, to be exact).

Saw a silver? one today while I was out running, headed south on Old Georgetown Rd.

I've also seen a couple downtown, including several red ones (or more likely, the same red one over and over).

18. Medved

Medved New Member

In Cleveland Ohio I have seen about 5 in the wild so far.

That has been over the last 4 months. Grant it, the last few weeks I have been home bound, but even then I did see one going down my street.

I haven't seen any First Generation Prius in the wild. I did test drive a FG Prius, so I know what it looks like, just haven't seen any.

From the sounds of it, my area is getting a few more cars in the allotments. Its about time. I've been waiting since Feb 2nd, and I am expecting mine to arrive any day now.

19. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    3 out of 4 cars on the road are Prii.

I was driving along on the Dan Ryan in stop & go today in my 04 driftwood. I looked to my right and saw a Camry. In front of the Camry was a classic Prius green. Behind the Camry was a classic Prius tan.

20. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The number of Prii in the parking lot at work has increased by 1. A Black/Grey #7 was spotted today in addition to the usual Salsa, Silver, and my Black one.