1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i don't see too many around my area, but i don't cover a lot of road on the average... i'm probably going to get some kind of (negative?) award for the Oldest Prius with the Least Mileage... still haven't had to refill the tank, and have just put the 419th or so mile on the first tank......

BUT....... today.... oops, yesterday the 19th, i wish i had my digital camera with me... you'll love this....

i pulled into the Safeway parking lot off Stevens Creek Boulevard (i think that's Santa Clara, there... it's always confusing to me...)... and saw a silver '04! just like mine !!! the license plate ring was from Stevens Creek Toyota, just a few miles east of the sighting.

so i parked next to it. nearly identical twins.

when i came out of Safeway, it was still there, and from the lights on the front, i got that it's also a BC/#9....

license plate was 5FLZ390 or something close to that.. i think i got two of the letters and/or numbers wrong.. but that's close.

this is exactly the model, color and option package i'd ordered from that dealer, but canceled after i found the one i bought a month+ ago in Fremont!!!!!

now, i think that's pretty neat!

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Pulled into the shopping mall today and went and bought pet supplies and was taking them out to the Prius (2k4) and what pulls in right beside ours another 2k4 exactly the same as ours. Silver B model (Canadian) and a young couple gets' out and she say's "I like your car" So it sounded stupid but I said " I like your car too" His first our third.

3. adrenalinwill

adrenalinwill New Member

Flying down the 405 yesterday, I came up on a silver 04. We cruized for awhile looking like a Prius commercial while a Jeep Cherokee with a big "
    Go Green" bumper sticker stared on. Flashed the peace sign as I hopped onto the HOV (with wife and kids in tote.....of course) and got a peace back!

Saw a couple of white Prii on the 241 toll road and on Jamboree by Santiago Canyon Road. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to one of the local gatherings so I can meet some of these people in the OC area!

4. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I still have yet to see a single Prius, classic or otherwise, in my neck of the woods. If it wasn't for this site, I'd think someone sent me snipe hunting.

5. matthewcecil

matthewcecil New Member

Saw a beautiful Seaside Pearl 04 in the parking lot of our local Lowe's yesterday. It was really nice looking. It made our wait seem even longer...when will our car come in :(

This spring, I saw 3 or 4 here in Norman (a few 03s and a few 04s), but have not seen them recently.

6. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    embarrrassing, but cool

My wife recently had knee surgery, so I dropped her off and parked. When we walked out of Kohl's I looked across the lot and saw my Prius. We walked up to it and a nice little old lady following behind us asked what we were doing as I went to grab the door handle. IT WASN'T MY PRIUS :oops: . Mine was 3 cars down.

As few of these cars as I've seen around, I thought it would be years before I would have a chance of making that mistake.

7. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

an acquaintance of mine who ordered his salsa last november, got it a couple of weeks ago... he should enjoy his time now as the only salsa prius in town, it won't last long! <evil grin>

8. Joel

Joel New Member

Houston, TX area:

I've seen another '04 white going west-bound on Hwy. 290 NW. One salsa '04 on FM 1960.

9. Sun__Tzu

Sun__Tzu New Member

I keep seeing a Salsa '04 around Bethesda. Is that someone on this board?

10. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

1 Driftwood around White Rock lake (Dallas TX)Sunday evening

11. adrenalinwill

adrenalinwill New Member

In the wild!

It's true, Northern California is a sancturary for Prii (in the wild) A white and silver by Villages in Milpitas, another white on the 101 by San Jose, A silver and a white on the 5 Southbound on the way back to Southern California.

12. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Spotted My Twin today!!

[font=Arial:befe390127] [/font:befe390127] </span><span style=\'color:#\'>

Down here in Springfield, MO on Cambell Ave. spotted another Seaside Pearl '04 traveling South as I was headed north trying to make a left turn. I waved, but am not sure if the guy noticed me or not...hard to imagine he'd miss me. First live Seaside sighting I've had in this area...now, to figure out who it was. :?

13. DC Fat Cat

DC Fat Cat New Member

I'm in Washington, DC and I'm seeing quite a few of the 2004s. Two people in my law firm have a silver and tideland and one other person has a white one in my apartment building.

I seems that they are really concentrated here, to me it looks like they already outnumber all of the other hybrids combined in this area. I would put the Civic hybrid next but its kinda hard to id them at a glance with the only obvious difference being that the hybrid has the antena on the roof.

14. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

Your right for the most part. But there are a few other differences as well. A different grille from the sedan, and a trunk-lip spoiler, and different wheels.

15. Mike N

Mike N New Member

Interesting info. Only 1% of the vehicles sold in the USA are hybrids. Top 3 cities are Portland, Washington DC and San Francisco.

Interesting sighting: The Saturday before Memorial day, I was driving up the Pacific Coast Highway through Malibu. There was a line of limosines waiting to turn into one of the estates on the ocean side of the road. These are movie stars and big executives homes. There were lots of guards and a few cops hanging around the gate checking all that went in. In the middle of the line of big black stretch limos was a little black Prius. It looked pretty cool in that company. I was going too fast to see who was in it.

16. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I drive my Salsa '04 down I-270 to the Beltway and down River Road to work in Chevy Chase. Sometimes I return trip in the afternoon up Wisconsin Avenue to I-270. Are these areas that you might have seen me?

Randy

17. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I found that the most noticeable features on the Civic Hybrid are the minimalistic upswept spoiler on the edge of the trunk lip and the different front grill and "smiling open mouth" air intake below the grill.

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Maybe Tom Hanks (wishful thnking) - his is black.

19. Sun__Tzu

Sun__Tzu New Member

I think the few times I've seen an '04 (all were Salsa) were on Old Georgetown Rd. Once was near NIH (where I live) and the others were downtown, around the Metro (where the traffic patterns get very, very strange).

20. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I did a round trip from San Diego to SF on May 23rd and 24th and saw a rash of Hybrids! At my hotel near the airport there was a green classic in the parking lot on the 23rd, going south on 19th Street I saw a brand new Salsa from Marin Toyota, on 85 South near 101 I saw an HCH, on 101 South near Gilroy I briefly saw a Seaside, and I saw a white one on 5 South. I also saw a silver one on 280 South going up the onramp. I had my flashers on because I had run out of gas, and the exit I originally took had no services in sight. I was getting back on the freeway to go to the next exit when the silver one passed me. Thank goodness the freeway was in a downhill mode and I went about 4 miles on battery only, because I never would have made it to a gas station in that rural area if I'd had to go uphill!!!