1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. fred

fred New Member

its strange but here in nashville ive only seen 3 classic prius and 2 04 prius in the wild since i got mine in march.
    fred in nashville

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another SW Missouri (Springfield to be exact) spotting....today, just outside my work parked at the Hammond's Heart in a Handicapped spot was a Mil. Silver '04 with MO plates starting with 522 (I think).

I've seen the following:
    1 Tideland (I know to belong to a Pediatrician at my hospital)
    1 Black (I know this one to belong to a psychiatrist at my hospital and we park near each other almost daily)
    1 Seaside (besides mine) moving on the road, didn't see me wave.
    1 Driftwood--was following me in town one day near Freemont
    1 Silver (as above)

I know there's a Salsa out there in the area as it was on the lot when I got my car...likewise a white, but I've not seen any of these 'in the wild'. I'm disappointed that none of these people as geeky as I am and thus don't post on any of the regular forums. I'd love to have a local get together to down a brew or two and chat smuggly about our superior choice in cars!

3. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I've now seen my 3rd Prius in history. Black Enterprise Rental. It's odd considering I've never laid eyes on one before, and now I've seen 3 in a week. A good omen perhaps?

4. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Evan, Sev MacPete is heading up the San Diego Prius Club, and he made a great flyer with the "green leaf flames" car and his e-mail address. Someday, I'm going to print some of them and keep them in my glove compartment so I can hand them out or put them on a parked Prius windshield. You might try making up a handout that has the chat websites if you don't want to give out your e-mail address.

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Just this morning, I spotted two whites going opposite directions at the intersection of Lake Forest and Trabuco in Lake Forest. One of the whites was a lower package number because it was missing the smart entry buttons on the rear. He ended up turning west down Lake Forest Dr, where I followed about 3-5 carlenghts back to the I-5 north entrance. The other was a business delivery car because it had an american flag type logo painted onto the car, and was heading north up Trabuco.

I then spotted another Tideland going up the 5 Northbound in the carpool lane between Avery and the CA-133N interchange.

I routinely see at least 1-4 '04's per day, and at least that many more classic's. During my trip to AZ, I only saw two, both white, one on a delivery truck in Phoenix, and the other driving east on the I-10 during my trip back. Once I got into SoCal, I saw several more during that trip. Guess we got alot of Prius here in CA :)

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I see a lot of Classic Prii around. I live near The Evergreen State College and they don't call them Greeners for nothing. I even saw a very late model Honda hatchback with the rear stuffed with lead acid batteries and a plug installed on the side parked at Barns and Nobel. I assume that someone converted it to an electric. I had not seen any 04s until this weekend and I saw 3 in 3 days a White at an intersection in Lacy. A Black parked next to me at Ralph's Thriftway, too be expected it is a very organic upscale market. And I followed Silver to the movies in Lacy. It wasn’t a #9 so I didn’t steal it.
    Henry Drygas

7. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Did a 300 mile round trip toward Boston this past weekend. Spotted the same # of 2004 Prii on the interstate as I did Hummers (3) :-( I did see some quantity of pre 2004s and a Civic Hybrid though so the Hummer to Hybrid ratio improved slightly.
    First car was a silver or driftwood. Couldn't tell as it was going the other way (about 200 feet between lanes) and the sun hit it wrong. Heading North on I89 around Sharon, VT about 3:20 PM Sat. Light colored plate in front so probably NH or MA. Second was a black headed south, no front plate, rear plate light, so again probably NH or MA. About the same place, around 2:30 Sunday afternoon. Last was a VT plate on a Silver heading south around Middlesex/Montpeler about 3:30.

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Spotted a Salsa today on Two Notch heading toward the Northeast. Anyone here on PC?? First Salsa I've seen since Seattle!

9. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hey Danny,

If you get up to the DC area this summer, if you like, you can take my Salsa 7 for a drive! :wink:

Randy

10. Sun__Tzu

Sun__Tzu New Member

I'm almost positive its the same Salsa Prius now. One day this week, it actually pulled into traffic right ahead of me, at the 5-way intersection of Old Georgetown Rd. and Arlington Blvd. (coming from that weird 5th street off to the side). It was the last one through its red light, and I was first on my green, so I was actually behind and along side for awhile. I think I almost recognize the driver from past sightings. Freaky : )

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Very tempting, Randy! I might be up there at some point this summer - I'll keep the DC locals up to date if I do.

12. willys

willys Junior Member

I was out in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and in the course of one day I saw 5 Prii !! All except one were Silver and a white one !!

13. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, I now know that it wasn't me that you saw. I haven't gone that route to work for maybe two months now. If however you're on River Road near Western Ave, be on the lookout for my Salsa Seven!

14. frbill

frbill New Member

Hey who has a brand new Millenium Silver in Effingham, IL

I thought I was the only Prius owner in town but I saw this Silver with temp tags today. I wanted to wave but it was not safe to do so. If you are on this board say hi. Maybe we can get a south central IL Prius gathering.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

15. CHART

CHART Member

I saw you yesterday!! I was leaving DC around 12:20 pm heading out Western Ave when I was stopped at the Mazza Gallerie light at Wisconsin and saw a Salsa Red 2004 Prius at the next light down the road. You got the green before me but I gunned my Salsa Red "Nine" and headed after you. You turned right (on Livingston I think) and I was late for a meeting in Baltimore, so..... [:(]

It was nice seeing a Prius "in the wild." I felt immediate kinship!!

16. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I used to go across Western on River all the time, but my new commute makes it less common. I still do occasionally though, like yesterday when I was trying to avoid all the road closures going home, hehe.

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Until yesterday I had only ever seen two '04 Prius: the blue #7 that I test-drove, and the (yes, identical) blue #7 I own.

Finally yesterday I saw another, for the very first time. I came out of the grocery store and a woman asked me how I like my car. I began gushing what a great car it is, and didn't even notice her car until she pointed at it: a red #7, parked right next to mine. She had seen mine and parked there on purpose. She had ordered it in November (the same month as me) and received it in February (a month later than me).

We chatted for 10 or 15 minutes.

This is probably as good a place as any to mention that I'll be travelling and off line for a while.

18. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Close but no cigar! I work right next to Mazza Gallerie but my Salsa 7 Prius has been safely parked in the parking garage each day so it couldn't have been me that you saw! Just goes to show ya that Prii are popping up all over the DC area!

19. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

apparently there are now TWO salsa's and a silver in my town. soon to be three salsa's until i can get manny to 'take care of' the other two :D

20. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Following me home?

Yesterday I noticed a Seaside Pearl behind me and it kept following me! I thought he (I think the driver was male) might follow me home but he turned off just past Falls Church H.S. Then, a couple of minutes later, I saw a Classic on my street with the flashers going -- probably visiting. I've been seeing 1 or 2 04 Prii a week lately. If you're ever on the Dulles Toll Rd doing the reverse commute (towards the airport in the morning) look for my Salsa 04.