1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priuses, Priuses everywhere...(aka Prius Sightings)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Melgar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I saw 3 2004 Prii yesterday in a span of about 5 minutes all in South Burlington and no I wasn't near the dealer. In fact other than the TRAC Prius, they don't have any.

2. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. eg239

eg239 New Member

A lot of people are going to be very jealous, but... I had the distinct pleasure of seeing FIVE 04's and a Classic today... within three hours!

First one was a Driftwood 04 somewhere along Rt3 in Merrimack, NH. Second was white on 293 in Manchester (it was headed south, I was heading north), third was a silver near the airport, fourth was black on 293 (again), and the fifth was a Salsa leaving Barnes and Noble. I wondered if any of them belonged to anyone here?

4. canuckican

canuckican New Member

Living in London, Ontario.

Have seen 3 on the road and am now walking by one every day in the parking lot on my way into work. We are a city of about 350,00, so not that big a market, but we have that nice short Canadian waiting list. The dealer I am getting mine from has about a 9 week average from order to delivery. They are quoting an "8 to 12 week" wait, so they are right in their target range.

Now I am looking everywhere for them. It's a fun game: "Spot the Prius"! This will lose its fun in a few years when a lot of people have them.

5. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was driving from the eye doctor yesterday morning, with eyes dilated and dark inserts behind my glasses to avoid being blinded, and didn't notice a Silver 04 passing me until it was too late. The other driver waved, I think...

6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I feel great envy rising up within me.... :wink: The most I've ever seen in the space of a day (i.e. on my way to work, looking out the window while at work, then on my way home from work) was two. A salsa red '04 while driving to work, and a green Classic while looking out the window when I was supposed to be working.

7. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

driving home from work today and I turned of the main road on to a seconday road and came to a stop sign. As I went thru it the fourth car on- coming was a dark green Classic. I was in the wife's 2k4 and stuck my hand out and wave and all 4 people in the Classic wave back. This is a cult. Most people just don't realize it!

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    July 10th, about 6pm in Nixa, MO a car turning off of Hwy. 160 onto East bound Tracker road. Looked like a brand new (no tags yet) Black '04 Prius. My first Nixa Prius siteing.

9. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    After 3½ weeks of ownership, I finally saw my first other Prius on the road this morning, at about 11:05am on Teversham Road, Cherry Hinton. If you were the driver of that silver Prius, then I'm sorry I didn't wave - by the time I realised, you were already in my rear view mirror!

10. drbob

drbob New Member

I have to chuckle because I was the spotted Prius a while back.

I was at a rest area and began pulling out of my parking sppot and the woman in the car to my left was chatting away to her passenger. When she sensed movement from my car, her eyes focused beyond her passenger and she took in my Salsa Red. She immediately stopped gabbing and I could oh so clearly read her lips as she cried "Oh my God!"

HehHehHeh

I love it!

11. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hmmmm... Are you sure she was only noticing the car? :naughty:

12. cnetter

cnetter New Member

Just got back from the summer vacation/tour of the upper mid-west. Pack the wife, the kids, the musical instruments (including my avatar) and two weeks worth of 'stuff' into the minivan and drove to Michigan and back.

I've done this trip so many times that I've lost count, so to amuse myself I decided to count 2004 Priuses along the way. Here's the results of my census: (Keep in mind that there may have been more, but on occasion I have to pay attention to my driving.)

Siting #1 - 7/10 - A Seaside Pearl on WB I-80 west of Kearney NE. At this point I'm sort of excited since Kearney isn't exactly a heavily populated area.

Siting #2 - 7/19 - A Driftwood Pearl on EB I-94 on the 23-Mile Rd exit outside of Metro Detroit. Oh come on now! 10 days and 1500 miles and I've only seen TWO! :cry: I was starting to think "Where are you people!"

Siting #3 - 7/23 - A Silver on EB I-96 east of Lansing "Look kids, there goes number 3!" ":roll:"

Siting #4 - 7/23 - A White in an UNO Pizza parking somewhere west of Milwaukee off of I-94 - At this point (given the reaction to #3) I just say the word "four" and leave it at that.

Siting #5 - 7/24 - Another Silver in a parking lot in Main Amana - IA. This one gave me a chance to 'educate' my sister and brother-in-law on the Prius. The 50+ MPG got their attention.

Siting #6 - 7/24 - A Black on EB I-80 about 100 East of Council Bluffs, IA. Everyone else was sleeping, so I didn't even bother with saying "six"

Siting #7 - 7/24 - Another Seaside Pearl about 5 miles behind the black one above. At this point I start writing down all the previous sitings. This prompts my wife to ask if other people post Prius sitings. "Why of course!" I said. Her reply: ":roll:"

Siting #8 - 7/25 - Another Driftwood on EB I-80 east of Kearney, NE. The last siting for the trip, but somehow appropriate since it was close (relatively speaking) to the first siting.

13. Frank Hudon

Saw 2 different white Classics today. Yup I'm sure as I wouldn't want to pay for the repair on the left rear quarter where they backed into a curb. I've seen the one white one before and have seen 2 04 salsa's and a driftwood in the area as well. Talked to the owner of one of them and she had only had the car a week, one of her comments was she thought the HCH was shabbly put together. I almost fell down. A Honda, shabby, wow strong words. Yes we love our Prius's but shabby. I'd put her age at about 60, so she's been around.

14. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Pulled out of one of the parking lots at work yesterday onto the main perimeter road. Had to wait for a Salsa already on the road to pass. VT Plate: OHMCAR. He didn't seem to be working on max MPGs :)

15. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While on I-10 first from New Orleans to the Texas Hill Country, I saw one Prius, a white one that was apparently a Houston-owned car. Had the City of Houston logo on it, and then had the label, "Building Inspector" or something to that effect.

Then while on I-10 going back to New Orleans, I saw a Tideland on a car carrier.

I did think the government one was pretty interesting.

16. Frank Hudon

Saw a black 2k4 Canadian A model today at the Habitat for Humanity store. Thought it was an acquaintance but his is a B and has leather.

17. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Tuesday July 27 - two truck carriers full of brand new Priuses (sp?) appearing to be on their way to San Francisco! :love:

18. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Full of brand new Prii !!!!

I hope that FULL semi stays on I-5 and drops them Prii off in Sacramento.

During evening walks with my wife around the neighborhood we see three '04 Prii parked in driveways in one five block section of the next street over, none on our street. I neeeeeeed to change that. (no, I'll wait to buy one from the dealer . . . but, if I were that sort . . . I'd have a blue, silver, and salsa to chose from.)

When do the '05 models start shipping?

19. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    I saw my first Prius in the wild on the weekend of 25 July. A black one parked at Hawkstone Park Hotel near Telford England, on both sat and sun. Either staff or a member of the British Golf Soc which had a meeting over the weekend.

It was good it was there as I was able to show my siblings who were also there due to a family wedding!

20. Porky Pine

Porky Pine New Member

I'm sorry to say that I have yet to sse one over here in Connecticut. My father and my boss say they have seen one but sadly, not me.