1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusShop - Is anybody home???

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Valiant V, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Valiant V

Valiant V Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Has anybody had any success with getting a real person (or even an intelligent 'bot) to reply to contacts sent to "[email protected]" - either through email or the "contact us" page on PriusChat Shop?

I had the misfortune of clicking on the wrong rear bumper protector and placing the order before I realized it was for the wrong year car. I used the contact for within a few minutes explaining the problem and asking for a change before the part was billed or shipped. Two more attempts via e-mail. No replies.

Site says they usually will reply "within minutes" but always within 24 hours.

Not a peep - except automated messages.

Now - 4-5 days later - I received an e-mail saying my order was shipped.

FedEx delivery manager already said it was shipped *yesterday*.

do not know HOW I'm gonna arrange a return of this item if they won't even reply to emails.

:(

Anybody need a bumper protector for a 2015 Prius?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    another member was contacted by danny after putting a claim in with his cc company

Valiant V and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. Valiant V

Valiant V Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I was hoping not to have to escalate things to that level - since (guessing) that buying things here on the PriusChat Shop helps to pay for the site and we're all supposed to be on the same team, no? I mean, I could very well have gone to another site and bought it there, but I figured I'd support the home team...

Is "Danny" the one to contact for such matters, and how does one go about it?

#3 Valiant V, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    bisco likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    As @bisco maybe was intimating: credit card cancellation of the order seems effective.

5. Valiant V

Valiant V Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Oh, Absolutely.

I'd rather not choose the nuclear option so early in the dance.

I like to work and play well with others (when possible) and it WAS my mistake that foiled their system. I was just thinking that a tiny bit of "Customer Service" could fix the problem before anything was actually done - like charging, packing, or shipping the item.

That's what I get for thinking.....

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if the contact in the shop doesn't work, you're out of luck.

yes, danny owns priuschat and the shop. no one knows what goes on behind the scenes, not even the one moderator.
    i agree with supporting the site, but if it comes down to a purchase that becomes a donation, i would prefer to know ahead of time.
    unfortunately, i have experienced the same as you with internet purchases elsewhere, sometimes the shipping is more efficient than the communication, and a mistake can be costly.

most of the complaints here are about long shipping times, without notification or ability to contact.

7. Valiant V

Valiant V Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Well, the FedEx shipping information says it's coming from "Sparks Parts" in Myrtle Beach SC, so I may have to negotiate a return with them.

Otherwise, I'll be advertising on the Gen 3 forum for a buyer I guess.

Definitely making me think twice about where to get the right one.....