1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Priusv (lowercase v) Recalls

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by kye04, Sep 25, 2015.

1. kye04

kye04 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Hi. ANy of you has done any recall on your Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon)? I understand from my dealer that exists 2 ECU software updates , but he did not specified what exactly are the updates correcting.
    ANy of you have any ideea exactly what is it all about?
    Because i have a problem : i went to make the update and the dealer refuzed me because i have a LPG installation on my Prius Plus. The installatin is approved by our national car registry, so it`s totally legal...
    With my old prius 2010 i made all the recalls without having any problem, with LPG on it.
    Now they changed the chef ingineer and he is afraid....
    I want to know if it is something important or not, if it deserves to be updated or not. Did u noticed any improvement after the update?
    Theoretically i can make the update but have to go 300miles to another dealer..... I wanna know if it worth it...

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I assume you are not in the US based on Prius Plus. It helps if you add that information to your profile. Yes, you want the updates, one may save your inverter from failure. Your profile also says you have a standard 2010 Prius, not a v, so the advice above does not apply. Finally if you are 104 then you probably should not be driving.

#2 rjparker, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  3. kye04

kye04 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Europe. Prius Plus and a Prius 2010.