1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Private viewing of the Prius v in Staten Island, NY

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Paradox, May 16, 2011.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting that there is a warning statement printed right into the IP. I don't think I've ever seen that. It's usually an indicator or a VFD.

The rear seatbelt is similar to the RAV4 in design. They also had it in the Gen 8 Corolla (98-02) so that the seatbelt wouldn't be in the way if the seats were folded. The seatbelt retracted into the parcel shelf instead of the ceiling of course.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, the warning statement is something else strange to see printed on there as an indicator light by itself now...

Also, I had mentioned it is not the same color as the demo plug in Prius running around even though they look similar. The color of the Plug In Prius demo vehicles is blue mica metallic. The Prius v prototype we just saw had a color blue called Clear Stream. The Prius v Product Information Sheet shows a color called Clear Sky Metallic for the release version. Whether or not that color will be the same as the prototypes Clear Stream was unknown.

3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    But it's the same as the "concept" Prius v that was shown at the auto show then? It's a lighter blue than the Prius PHV's blue.

In Japan, it's Clear Stream. Maybe TMS decided to change it to Clear Sky? The user ToyotaReference had it as Clear Sky Metallic on his list so maybe he was referring to the US product information sheet. It would jive with the blue skies, green grass environmental theme moreso than clear stream.

4. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

do not know if it is the same as the one shown at the auto show but I would guess so Tideland. It seems a little lighter blue than the PHV, yes. The PHV had a tinge of purple to it that this one did not.

I kind of like the name Clear Stream better than Clear Sky but that's just me. Anything that refers to a cars color as sky blue makes me think baby blue and I want to barf. :cool:

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Either one works for me. At least they didn't call it purple. I had a confusing time deciphering the Prius LED editions because they said "purple" but the picture showed blue seats. Lost in translation I suppose.

6. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the buttons on the steering wheel have changed from what many of us are familiar with in our Gen III's. It still has circles like the Gen III but now the volume up and down for example and above and below each other instead of side by side. Same for the buttons which change presets, they are now stacked as well. Same thing on the other side of the wheel for temperature control etc. While I have gotten used to having them side by side, I like the change to stacking them, it makes more sense IMO.