1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem filling gas tank tonight

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cutter44, Dec 17, 2015.

1. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    for me rounding is OCD.

2. InPriusLove

InPriusLove Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It is the rare gas pump where I can let it sit and wait for a click. I hold the pump and let it fill and then one click when it is done is good enough for me. I don't question it, but I sense it is an angling issue between the pump and the tank because if I hold the pump in a certain angle it would pump fine and if I let it go it clicks. So I just hold it and press the manual down myself.

3. cutter44

cutter44 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Alrighty, then. Here's the update for anyone interested.

CEL comes on Saturday 1/2. I decide to call the Toyota dealer nearest to my work (the same one that programmed my extra key back in May). I got an appointment for the following Monday 1/4. I left the car and they gave me a ride to work. Called me later that afternoon with the news. The culprit was the charcoal canister assembly. List price for the part $633.03. Labor $110. Plus they had to order the part, so they gave me a rental to take home that night. Total cost to me: $0. Plus they washed and vacuumed my car and best of all, they never mentioned extra service or where I've been or why I haven't been there for service. Very nice folks and other than waiting a few minutes for my car to be washed, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. One more extra bonus. Apparently they did their Multipoint Inspection, and according to that, everything else checks out, too. Oh yeah, I got a call the next day (recording) from the Service Manager thanking me and hoping that everything was to my satisfaction, and if not, to please let him know. Yeah, I know that's not unusual, but I wasn't expecting it for warranty work. :)

So no more CEL and no more pumping gas at the rate of a minute per gallon, which is very nice when it's below freezing out. All's well and I feel comfortable that if I ever need service I'll have to pay for, I'll likely use these folks.

priustexasbob, skayaks and WilDavis like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! let's give them a plug? and i do think a call from the service manager is unusual.

5. cutter44

cutter44 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Sure. It's Toyota of Watertown (Watertown, MA).

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks, that's great service!(y)

7. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Glad they figured it out. I'm glad it worked out in a positive manner as well. Kudos to the dealership for there service.

8. mts22

mts22 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Awesome and congrats on the find and fix. Just to clarify, and I apologize if you already mentioned this, was the car under an extended warranty or did they just do a courtesy replacement. My Acura dealer has done this for me several times for some things out of warranty.

9. cutter44

cutter44 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Oh yeah, sorry I don't think I did mention that. Yes, I had bought an extended warranty on it when it had just under 36k miles on it. So that's what covered the repair.

10. mts22

mts22 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Okay. I've been contemplating purchasing a warranty myself. Did you purchase the warranty through Toyota or an independent company?

11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Overfill is oft mentioned as cause of failure. Not saying it is here, but wouldn't hurt to be cautious in future, stop when the pump's auto shut-off first activates.

InPriusLove likes this.