1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem! going up long steep hills & steer right

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ozmatt, Mar 18, 2021.

1. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    How are we all :)

2008 with 530,000km does this thing when going up hill with a little right steering, BEEP master warning light on and PROBLEM! on MFD, goes away as fast as it comes, Its only happened twice so far and like i said both times was going uphill with a touch of right steering

vehicle is fully serviced, fresh oil (10w30) and full to the top dot, only has water for coolant at the moment because i have been flushing it, but its full and no air in the system that im aware of (we do not have coolant heat recovery tank as you guys do, its not that difficult to bleed coolant in Australian gen2) ATF is new and full, it has a little weep from one inverter coolant hose at bottom of radiator however its full of coolant.

No codes logged on techstream and car drives perfectly otherwise

Anyone seen this before? what's the most likely

Cheers ...

Matt

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like an engine coolant overheating issue. Using a BT/Wifi adapter, set an engine coolant alarm in Torque for 100C to check.

3. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hey sfo how's it going :)
    it does seem like a temperature problem, I have Bluetooth adaptors and torque app so I will check over the next couple of days, from what I read people were saying there's a temperature symbol on the mfd if it's temp related?

Matt

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One