1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem logging into Toyota Owner's website

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by lrisius, Apr 4, 2016.

1. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm having trouble logging into the Toyota Owner's website. I've reset my password twice and I still keep getting "invalid password/user name combination message." I'm sure I'm using the right combination after resetting it twice. Anyone else having problems or succeeding? I'm using Chrome for my browser if that matters. Thanks!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You're probably locked out, try again tomorrow

SM-N900P ?

3. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot then.

4. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm confused (nothing new there...) - you have to log on to reset the password, so you're already logged on???... o_O

5. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You don't have to actually log in to reset your password. Here's the process- I try to log on. It gives the error, I click the link for "I forgot my password" and it lets me change it after answering a security question (without actually logging in). It then tells me to sign in but I get the same invalid user name/password error using the new password.
    I just tried again but the site says they are doing maintenance right now. I submitted an online question to them yesterday but haven't heard anything back.

#5 lrisius, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The online submission usually get answered in about 48 hours. I tried that once and you don't get an immediate response.

7. LlamaJockey

LlamaJockey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I was having a similar problem a few minutes ago, actually! I fixed it by using my username instead of my email to log in...thankfully, the username was my email without the @ bit.

8. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    OP here
    Well, I figured it out when I received a response from Toyota. Turns out I had misspelled the user name I use across a lot of sites. So I was using the right password but the wrong username. When I changed the password, I was getting access via my email address. I couldn't figure out how change my user id but was able to click a box in my profile that lets me log on with my email so hopefully I will remember to do that.
    Thanks for the help!