1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem plugging in dead iPhone to USB port

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by davidbw, Apr 19, 2012.

1. davidbw

davidbw Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Is there a secret to not having the radio switch to the iPhone when plugging the iPhone in? I usually start the day with the radio set to an AM station. It takes a few minutes for the Prius to recognize the iPhone plugged into the USB port, but when it does recognize it, it immediately starts playing iPhone music. Is there away for the iPhone to connect for Entune, but not switch the audio from AM to iPod?

2. Priuskat

Priuskat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm looking for the secret to make the car speakers to link to my Iphone. It worked once or twice. . . but I have no idea why? I've tried shutting car down, disconnecting phone, etc. no luck . . . so I listen to radio w/ commercials . . . then radio keeps jumping from HD to regular.

3. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    David, if there is a way, I haven't found it. My own 2011 IV does it too.

Is there a way to do this, does anyone know? I have taken to just resurrecting my Spring charger with the USP port embedded into the top of it. That solved my problem!

4. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If I was your selling dealer, I'm sorry this isn't resolved. I'm all yours! Let me help!

If I was NOT, then you do have a dealership & a salesperson you can go to for help or a tech person in their service department. Their customer relations manager can also step in and assist.

If you have a deep abyss between them and you, for some reason, I may be able to help (or my asst. Nathan) - we are pretty good at this!

5. Priuskat

Priuskat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you . . . .you were not my selling dealer - my mistake which cost me :(
    I will take to dealer . . . hoping that it would me an easy fix (it worked 2x). If not, when I go to the next LA Galaxy Game, I'll see if you or Nathan are available.

6. TruSound

TruSound Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I've switched over to the 12 volt plug to charge the phone, like you my radio bugged out when I plug into the usb plug...

7. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem where I couldn't get my iPhone to work properly. The solution is to make sure you have an Apple or Belkin cable. It has something to do with the data transfer rates (service bulletin). The other thing to do is to reset your iphone:

1. Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.

2. Hold them both until you see the screen go black. In some cases, you may need to keep holding them even after the red power off slider appears. If it does, just keep holding it.

3. Wait until the white Apple logo appears.

4. When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.

If you have Sat or Radio selected when you turn your car off, wouldn't it automatically go back on restart? I don't know, because I always listen to podcasts when I am driving, so I want it to go to the iPhone. Although, sometimes it won't switch to the car speakers and I have to either re-plug in or reset the iPhone, kind of frustrating.

1 person likes this.
  8. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have also noticed a problem with the Bluetooth audio not always working. I'll select Bluetooth audio from the Audio screen, get the spinning disk as it attempts to start up, and it just sits there. It seems to be related have switched back and forth between using the Bluetooth connection and the USB port for music in some previous session.

To get bluetooth audio playback to work again, I've had to go into the Music app on the iPhone and reset the audio connection it's using. To do this, you go to the Now Playing part of the app. Next to the play button will be an icon that looks a bit like an envelope. Tapping on it brings up the audio source menu. Select the Car Audio, or Advanced Media, or whatever the car shows up as. Doing this should reenable Bluetooth audio playback and control.

Hopefully this will help you if you've been trying to use Bluetooth audio. This should be a bit easier than having to reboot the phone.