1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with battery connectors

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Zapatustra, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Zapatustra

Zapatustra New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Hello from Spain,
    A week ago I was driving my Prius and a message appeared at the screen, something like "Check hybrid system". The official Toyota workshop told me this is the problem:

[​IMG]

That wire or connector is not ok. The battery works (I drove the car to the workshop without problems). But the big problem is they say the don't repair these things so the whole battery and the hybrid control box (green square) have to be changed. All this has a cost of 3000 euros. So my question is... Is that true that all of this has to be changed or it is repairable? Anyone has had the same failure?

Thank you in advance!

PtPri likes this.
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    In the US there is a growing independent business community that repairs high voltage battery packs. Usually by swapping out the whole thing with a pack with tested control modules. Toyota dealers normally will not repair. So the best thing to do is google search for "Prius Battery Repair" in your area in the local language.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    i don't see why it can't be repaired properly and safely.

what happened that a connector is bad, has someone done previous work on the battery?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Something very frustrating is that, at least in the US market, the wire harness with that connector is sold separately, as a very reasonably priced "wire, frame, no. 2", for Prius Gen 1 and Gen 2.

But not for Gen 3. Only sold as part of the G9510 battery assembly. Makes me want to fish-slap someone at Toyota.

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring