1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with braking system after pulling ABS fuse

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ayau, Dec 23, 2020.

1. ayau

ayau Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2016 Prius. Today I decided to pull the ABS fuse to test the vehicle without ABS and VSC. #62 in the diagram below.

As expected, I saw a bunch of dash lights. After testing, I reinstalled the fuse but the dash lights were still there. This includes losing power brakes. I tried to clear the ABS DTCs with Techstream but they don't seem to go away. Do I need to reinitialize the ABS system or something?

62 ABS-MAIN 30 ABS, TRC, VSC

[​IMG]

Aft

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try removing and reinstalling the fuse to make sure it's in correctly?

Other than that - I don't know, but could it have been noted in the Event Data Recorder as a catastrophic failure (my words), and it's holding it's hands up in horror?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Retrieve the trouble codes. Probably nothing serious has happened, but the brake ECU may want you to do something simple, often of a calibration-learning nature. It will have codes telling you what it would like you to do, and the repair manual (more info) will lay out the steps. If you post the codes here, someone might be familiar with the needed steps already.

alanclarkeau likes this.