1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with connecting Nokia e71

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Frankblack0503, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Frankblack0503

Frankblack0503 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi all,

i have a problem connecting my nokia e71 with the car audio system.
    The bluetooth connection constantly disconnects/connects :mad:
    Anyone the same problem with this phone or a solution ?

Anyone suggestions on phones that do work ...

Kind regards !

2. vagabund

vagabund New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have successfully paired my Nokia E71 via bluetooth to the audio/navigation system, so I can make and receive calls -and the phone won't disconnect unless I power off the car.

However, I have two issues:
    1. I have experienced a problem just like you described when attempting to download the phone book from the E71. In this situation, either the Prius or the E71 disconnect (I get a message in the Nokia "Car-Multimedia disconnected")
    2. The Prius audio system won't recognise my E71 as a device to stream music from. Only when engaged in a phone call the sounds is transmitted (very clearly I must say). Switching on and off "handsfree power" doesn't help.

My wife's phone, a Sony Ericsson W980 pairs and plays music without interruptions.

3. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It sounds to me like this phone is just not compatible with the Prius' Bluetooth software.