1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with Jungle Motors

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by Nirmalanow, Jan 1, 2010.

1. kiettyyyy

kiettyyyy Plug-In Supply Engineer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just FYI, Plug-In Supply are the ones with the reputable record. It's Jungle Motors that is pretty sketch. Jungle Motors and Plug-In Supply went into a joint venture named Plug-In Conversions. After JM stole Plug-In Supply's intellectual property, Robb from Plug-In Supply killed off the venture and followed in a law suit.

Just make sure you get the names right. The guys at Plug-In Supply are good people. Not so much for Plug-In Solutions(Jungle Motors).

Oh, forgot to mention. I'm pretty sure you CANNOT get a Plug-In Supply system from Jungle Motors. If you call and attempt to buy a system, you'll be purchasing vaporware from those crooks. Go directly to Plug-In Supply instead.

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    To many Plug-in names with joint ventures crap. It's confusing up to the intellectuals.
    Better directing purchasers to the right person name from "that company" that will not screw you up.

3. scottsim

scottsim New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Just a recommendation for PluginSupply....My experience thus far has been excellent dealing with these folks...Bravo Robb P, Paul G & Daniel S!

I have the 10KWh (more like 12KWh) large Li pack installed, by 3ProngPower, who are part of the PlugInSupply group...They have traveled a couple of times to my remote location (> 2.5hrs away), and have provided an alternate Prius when fine-tuning mine.

After six months, I have no regrets about doing this conversion.

Scott

4. queenandra

queenandra New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    V

Kiett,

Your posting could not be further from the truth... In fact your completely slanderous statements could land you in a world of trouble. nobody in our company ever spoke with you. You are obviously put up to this by Robb... in an effort to distort the facts and send more biz to Robb.

THE FACTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Robb came to jungle Motors and asked for some financial assitance. Robb was upside down and owed a lot of people a lot of money. He was building these kits on his kitchen table and could not afford to buy the batteries or anymore parts to make the kits. Robb pleaded with the folks at Jungle to help him get back on track. The owners were gracious enough to step up to the plate and offer to invest in a new entity called Plug In Solutions. In good faith they put together an agreement and funding and paid Robb a hefty draw so he could get back on his feet. 5 months into the partnership...Robb could not get used to working in a cohesive environment to grow the company. He wanted 100% control...refused to relocate (as promised in the agreeemnt), and did not want to give up anything... When you form a partnership...you have to give up 100% control and delegate responsibilities to effectively grow the company.

The people at Jungle did not plan on breaking up the partnership and building and shipping these kits without Robb's assistance...but Robb left no other choice.. He entered the warehouse without the owners knowledge or permission and took a lot of inventory. A demand letter was sent and the inventory has never been returned. As a result of this , legal action was taken against Robb.

A lot of money was invested into the new venture in the form of inventory , engineering, and fabrication of these kits. A strong committment was made by the people at Jungle Motors towards improving these units to further increase the sales and distribution.

Robb walked out because he decided that he did not want to work as a team and grow the company ...he wanted 100% control and did not want to share the responsibility... and as a result of his own choice.. ...he is now going back to building these kits on his kitchen table..

You posting is 100% WRONG... the lawsuit is filed is against Robb.....not by Robb.

We would have rather worked things out as a team...but he has a one man show mentality.....and will never change.
    You cannot grow a successful company with this mind set.

We can only hope that the government will step up and allow more rebate's and higher tax credits on these kits going forward. We will continue selling our plug in solution kits and converting cars to green alternatives even though the partnership did not work.

and Kitt...next time you post ...you need to get your FACTS STRAIGHT...

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i hope the fellow who was going to have jm install an enginer kit for him that was going to go 40 miles on ev reads this thread.:eek:

6. sub3marathonman

sub3marathonman Active Member

I have searched the public records in Orange County, CA, since this is the headquarters for Jungle Motors (City of San Juan Capistrano). I searched for the business name Jungle Motors, all variations I could think of for Plug-In Supply, and the Plug-In Supply guy who is supposed to be getting sued, Robb Protheroe. There was no record of any lawsuit there filed by either group. I searched with Google and found nothing.

As proof of "getting your FACTS STRAIGHT," please supply the jurisdiction of the court and case number.

7. scottsim

scottsim New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Again, can testify to a smooth installation and reliable product from PlugInSupply/3ProngPower. Robb P, Paul G, and Daniel S, all handled my conversion well, including fine-tuning. I will be getting the new circuit board upgrade installed soon.

8. hybrad2

hybrad2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Laguna Hills
    Jungle Motors, Inc. vs Protheroe
    30-2010-00381354-SC-SC-HLH

Protheroe lost and owes Jungle Motors $4,836.07. If anyone is planning on doing business with Robb/Plug In Supply, please advise so we can collect on this debt. 949 240-4300. Thanks, Brad

9. sub3marathonman

Yes, now I see it. I think I was looking at the civil cases but didn't look at the small claim cases. From the sound of it, I thought it was $50K or so. It is strange that the Orange County California Clerk of Courts has it set up like that. To me, a civil case is a civil case, no matter the amount.

But yes too, Jungle Motors, the plaintiff, did win a judgement against Robb Protheroe, although apparently the case isn't over as Mr. Protheroe has filed a Motion to Vacate. But good luck with that. Maybe those who are involved will add some information and confirm if I am correct that Mr. Protheroe didn't show up for a court date.

10. escapee

escapee New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Jungle Motors has been good to me. They answer questions and solve problems. They have helped me with a phev project and an EV. They are good guys and deserve the benefit of the doubt. EVs are here because of guys like them.

11. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Based on the OPs comments they don't answer questions or solve problems. As for giving someone the "benefit of the doubt", not hardly. Why not just go with someone who has a good reputation in the first place?

12. sub3marathonman

After checking further on the case, it seems that the case was dismissed, and Jungle Motors, the plaintiff, was not awarded a judgment against Rob Prothero. I wish somebody familiar with the case would tell people the rest of the story. I can't access the court documents online to read about it.

13. scottsim

scottsim New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Again, more useful information is how is PlugInSupply (Robb P) treating new customers, supporting dealers and staying up on new developments in PHEV's. I have only positive reviews on these issues.