1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with my Pursuit 9233N alarm and valet mode

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by priuslynn, Aug 21, 2022.

1. priuslynn

priuslynn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Back 2010, we bought a new Prius that had an installed Pursuit Pro 9233N alarm system installed. Periodically, it goes crazy, all our dash lights flash, the alarms goes off, and we can't get out of that mode and car will not start. There is an undocumented valet mode state that I assume we are in and cannot get out of. I think after about an hour of this, all goes back to usual. The Prius manual does not mention valet mode, and the arlam system has a slim poor manual mainly designed for installers. Anyone have this alarm system and can you help me understand? There is a red LED next to the light dimming wheel that is marked in the manual as valet mode switch, but how it works is unclear. I think we are inadvertently entering valet mode and cannot get out of it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Any time that I have a car with an aftermarket alarm system, I do only one thing- remove the alarm completely. There is little point in trying to figure out what's wrong with a cheap system that has no diagnostic information available. Most were usually installed with scotchlock connectors (or wires just twisted together and taped).

FYI, valet mode usually disables the alarm function so that the car can be used without needing the remote to disarm it. You are describing a failure of the system where it can't disarm at all.

Your alarm is broken. Get rid of it.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.