1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problem with power lock actuator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by reebster, Nov 24, 2006.

1. reebster

reebster New Member

Please help me!

I love my Prius and in the past have had no problems. However, the power lock actuator on one of the doors of my 2003 Prius recently stopped working. After taking it to the dealership to find out what the problem was, they told me it would cost $360 to replace, but they would have to special order a part, and it's not covered under the extended warranty. Now, five weeks later, the same thing has happened with another door, and the dealership says fixing this door as well would be an additional $360.

Is anyone else having a problem with this?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    DH has never been into a classic prius door, but if it's set up most other toyotas, someone who's halfway mechanically adept can get in there.

cost might be high because the actuator comes with the whole latch assembly. not sure if that's the case. if it is, the latch assy pretty easy to change, much easier to change than the actuator alone.

might be cheaper to buy parts and replace them yourself if you're mechanically inclined. we can help if you choose to go this route.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Funny you mention this, my wife has reported that the left rear door in her '02 is sometimes exhibiting this. Mileage is only 47k or so, so age must be the factor in that it's more or less 5 years old (got it Thanksgiving of '01).