1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems pumping gas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AOV, Aug 13, 2007.

1. A Prime Factor

A Prime Factor Formerly "I want my PHEV"

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Now I'm having this problem, too.:(

I've filled up 4 times so far, all at the same station (my favorite station). The first two times went just fine with no problems. I followed the advice I'd seen here about filling up slowly.

The third time, the pump clicked off right away, and kept doing that until I pulled it out a bit, carefully got it started, then proceeded to fill up normally. At least that's what I think I did. It filled up fine and shut off when it was full.

The fourth time, it clicked off right away, and no amount of playing around with it seem to help. After getting about a gallon into the tank, I gave up and went to another pump at the same station. Same problem at the other pump. :mad: I pulled it out a lot and managed to keep the gas going in, but had to guess when it was getting full and stop before it was.

It read full when I started up, but the first pip disappeared after driving one block.

I hope somebody figures out the definitive answer to this. This sloppy fillup left gas on my hands and on my car, wasted my time, and messed up my gas mileage calculations. :mad::mad:

Also, the tank is not quite full, so I'll have to go back sooner.

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There is a Warning Message on the inside of the Gas Tank Door, has anyone read it?

3. rochesteruser

rochesteruser Cruzin' in Rochester MN

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You need to check my thread out in the Fuel Economy Section.

http://priuschat.com/forums/fuel-ec...-ended-ground-all-over-my-cars-new-paint.html

4. A Prime Factor

A Prime Factor Formerly "I want my PHEV"

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced