1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems with Bluetooth and Nav

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Pveprius, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Pveprius

Pveprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Recently I've been having problems with my Bluetooth and navigation systems on my 2012 PIP. The Bluetooth menu comes up all greyed out even when the car is stopped. The only option that is illuminated is Bluetooth off, but nothing happens when you push it. Any ideas on how to correct this and get my phone reconnected?
    Also on my nav system, sometimes the system forgets my previous and stored destinations. At least one time it re remembered them.
    All the radio stations are still being remembered, so I don't think it's a loss of power deleting all memory. Is there a way to reset the unit. Any help would be appreciated.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can reset the unit by disconnecting the 12v battery negative for a few seconds.

3. Pveprius

Pveprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks JC91006. Any downside to disconnecting the battery? On some this affects the ECU, but not sure how important that is on the Prius.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This doesn't affect much of anything. You would probably need to do the radio resets again and reprogram the auto down windows. To reprogram the windows to go auto up and down, just roll the windows all the way down and roll them all the way up (hold the switch for 5 seconds when it's all the way up)

5. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    While you're back there with the battery, throw a DVOM on it and see what the voltage is. Any electrical gremlins in these cars and the 12V battery is suspect number one. Ideally you should check voltage after it has sat unused for a couple of hours. If the static voltage seems OK (at or better than 12.0V) you could pull it and have it load tested at a local parts store. Just to eliminate the obvious.