1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems with EV mode after Install of Sigma Switch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by SECONDHANDPRIUS, Apr 21, 2012.

1. SECONDHANDPRIUS

SECONDHANDPRIUS New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had an electrician follow the Sigma instructions we located open pin slot 27 and also tapped the dimmer switch and installed the switch but all we could make the car do is run as normal. The message appears in the multi-information display and a 3 beep sound. What did we do wrong? we are communicating to the ECU? The switch does not light up, however we checked the power and the tester light dims and gets brighter at the plug? Yes the battery is charged the EV mode should work. When the button is depressed it just beeps the 3 times and says it can't engage EV mode please help!

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    EV mode only engages under certain conditions: 4+ bars SoC, engine either cold or fully warmed up, battery temperature low, etc. If you are getting 3 beeps, then you have wired it correctly.

3. SECONDHANDPRIUS

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks but I understand that I can't get it to engage under any condition. it gives me the beeps and the message every time.

4. SECONDHANDPRIUS

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    its alive it works........i had to disconnect the battery reconnect and run the diagnostic screen after that it now works funny?

5. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Like I said, there are conditions where it will not engage. Your battery disconnect probably cleared whatever was blocking it. IIRC, an incomplete warmup will block it, for example.