1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Problems with Sirius XM radio reception

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tchalko, Aug 26, 2020.

1. tchalko

tchalko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2011 Prius three, and my Sirius XM reception has been getting spotty in the last year or so. It finally has completely stopped.
    I've read on priuschat website, youtube, and others that the probable problem is that the electronics in the antenna base have gotten fried, probably because of this good ole Texas heat.
    So, I called the local Toyota dealership, and they say the part # to replace it is 8630047071. However, on further Google searches, I've also found that the part # should be 8630047061. There is a significant difference in price between these two parts.
    Does anyone know the correct part# to order to replace the antenna base on my car? Hopefully, someone who has had this issue and resolved it with the correct part#?

Thank you!

2. tchalko

tchalko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, after reading several threads on pc, and asking a dealer, using my vin, he advised me that the part # is 86960-47011. When I do a search for this # on pc I find many threads which say that is the part # they replaced to fix SiriusXM issues on Prius gen 3’s.
    Off to order it and hubby will replace it (also found a lot of guidance on pc about how to replace it).
    Will let y’all know if that worked...

3. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Did you also have poor FM reception?