1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Procedure to remove exhaust manifold

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sean F, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Sean F

Sean F New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello,

Can anyone please tell me the procedure to remove the exhaust manifold? I have copies of the repair manual, but need help following which steps in which order.

I'd really appreciate some help. Screwed up the wife's Prius and now I need to fix it.

What did I do? For the curious I cut the spring bolts between the cat and the manifold not realizing that the nuts on the backside are welded - Doh!! Drilling out the bolts seems impossible - believe me I have tried. So I am resorting to looking at removing the manifold to make a proper repair.

Thanks
    Sean

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your in the wrong forum post this in the maintenance and repair forum
    You will get more responses.

Not sure if I understand is there a nut or a bolt on the manifold side?
    If it's a nut just leave it and drill the nut hole out larger and put a bolt thru and then a nut.
    If it's a bolt that's more difficult I would drive the car to a muffler shop they see this a lot and can heat up the bolt and knock it out.
    You need a pro torch to do this a map gas bottle will not have enough heat.

I would try anything other than pulling the manifold sometimes that goes really bad and if you snap off a bolt in the block your screwed.

3. dave3057

dave3057 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah I agree. Should still get a replacement spring and bolt, but just put a nut that will fit it on the backside.

iPad ?