1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Product Report - Bosch Icon windshield wipers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AzWxGuy, Feb 10, 2014.

1. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Thought I would summarize my experiences with this premium-priced expendable for those of us looking for good value in replacement parts. Overall I am quite pleased with their fit, finish, and durability. Arizona weather is certainly harsh on the rubber bits. Our higher than average ozone levels and plenty of UV exposure will wear out an average budget-priced windshield wiper in as little as 9 to 12 months. That has been my experience. The packaging on the Bosch product promised up to 40% longer life, and I think they have delivered on that. I am replacing my set today at 17 months and 50,383 miles. They probably could have gone a bit longer if they hadn't been exposed to our late summer high-desert locust problem. Something in those bug guts eats away at the wiper edge if you don't get it cleaned off right away. They were also tested to the extreme at highway speed encountering monsoon thunderstorms dropping 5-6 inches per hour without skipping a beat. They remained quiet and streak-free right up to replacement time.

2. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I've been using them for years. Though my weather is different (lots of cold & snow, not so much sun & heat) my experience is similar. On average they have lasted 2 yrs & 70K miles. To be completely honest, I also use "Rain-X" on my windshields, which helps make the wipers more efficient.

3. pmike

pmike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On Honda's I found nothing better than the factory blades/refills. This is my first Toyota and the factory blades seem sub par compared to the Honda factory blades, they skip and screech very easily, also leave a "haze/film". All my previous cars I use off brand Rain-X windshield washer fluid that provides a lubricant on the windshield. We haven't gone through the factory fill of windshield washer fluid and this maybe the difference. I will report back once I do.

4. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    When I was talking about "Rain-X", I was referring to the separate windshield treatments that I manually apply. The washer fluid is a different product where they are trying t leverage the brand.