1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Production

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by wolfeman, Jun 28, 2011.

1. giora

giora Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Judging by sales in Japan, it seems production is picking-up.
    In June, Prius retained back best selling car in Japan with 19429 units sold - back to the level of before the hit.
    In April, Prius was second with 4876 cars. In May it was third with 6491 units sold.

Lexus CT200h sales picked-up as well - 2296 sold (after 1184 in April and less than 1150 in May)

Source

2. vday

vday Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Giora,
    See you sold your Prius
    Was it easy to sell and did you get a good price.
    Any special reason you sold so soon/

Thanks
    Danny

3. giora

giora Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Danny,
    Yes, my partner for life wanted what she called "upgraded Prius" (probably in the 'look', ride and interior materials), hope I am not starting a long debate here...
    And yes, it was easy sell in 3 days and above the published price (it was in a tip-top condition.
    Tell you the truth, I was sure my next car (after the 2010 Prius) will be the Prius PHV, however, we are close to retirement and may not have a garage 2 years from now...
    I miss my Prius...

1 person likes this.
  4. UoD

UoD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The order that I placed back on June 11th will be here next week. That's about half of the time that I was originally quoted.

There looks to be plenty of Prii in the pipeline in the SE area to satisfy most of the demand. I am actually seeing some sit on the lot for a day or two before being sold. This was unheard of 30-60 days ago.

5. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK, good price, I'd get it at that price now. Those thinking about paying over MSRP unless you're moving from a Suburban into the Prius and will realize major savings in gas immediately, you should wait. The price spike now is, always was and clearly so, a temporary one preying upon the desperate and the ignorant. Wait it out.

6. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks to your suggestion I just put a down payment on one and got it for $250 under MSRP after everything is said and done. I am pretty happy with that considering I just saved $1000 from what I found just a couple weeks ago.

Ryan

7. UoD

UoD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's awesome. Where'd you end up having to go? if you don't mind me asking.

8. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sure don't. Went to Roundtree like you suggested. I could have probably haggled a little more, but well I was happy.

I didn't get tint or floor mats or anything at all. Stripped so I could add what I want now.

Been planning out the system for a couple weeks and still taking suggestions and I have a bunch of options. I am getting rims and tires (prob 17's maybe 18's though).. But I don't want to mess with lowering it.

Thanks again for the help.

Ryan