1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Program keyless entry key?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Renn, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Renn

Renn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Aloha!
    I just bought a 2014 Prius C a few months ago and the keyless entry on one of the mechanical keys does not work. It is not a pushbutton start or smart key. Is there a process to program the key for keyless entry?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you do a google search on that and include term priuschat you will find lots on info on here on how to handle that.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you checked the battery voltage?

4. Prius Sí

Prius Sí Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm in the same boat and was hoping there might be someone in the greater L.A. area (near Pasadena ideally) that has Techstream + a mini VCI and would be willing to help a Prius n00b get his non-SKS "H" spare transponder key programmed ;) Just hoping to find something more reasonable than what the local lock shops are charging for this service. I'd do it myself but I don't have a 32 bit Win7/XP laptop available to run the software on. Thx in advance for any leads/assistance!