1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Programming Fuel Price

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by RocMills, Aug 8, 2012.

1. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I did try searching first.

How do you tell the Prius C how much you paid for your gas? When I filled up yesterday, it gave me the option but I pushed a wrong button and the screen went away. The dealership programmed in a very low price of $2.60 a gallon, and I'm paying at least a buck more than that and I would like to get the right price into the computer so it gives me an accurate idea of how much any given trip costs. I checked my owner's manual and could not find it mentioned there. Appreciate the help!

2. Forza4

Forza4 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
  3. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  4. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What I do all time is, have the Prius C off while fueling on the gas station. Once finish turn on the Prius C and rapidly tap DISP, the screen switch to fuel pricing for you to input.

5. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, Rolo, but I was actually trying to find that screen without having to put gas in. My first few passes, I pressed a wrong button and the fuel price programming screen went away without me getting to put the right price in... so I wanted to know how to find my way back to that screen. :)

ChinchillaGirl likes this.
  6. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Video more than words and pic :)

RocMills likes this.
  7. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks again, Rolo, though not necessary. Guess I wasn't clear enough that I had figured it out already, though it never hurts to be reminded! And, to be honest, I'm not that obsessive about getting the right price in, I was just annoyed to discover that when I purchased the car the fuel price which the dealer had programmed in was well over a dollar a gallon LESS than current gas prices... which meant that all of my "this trip cost you X" readings were significantly false.

MNBud likes this.
  8. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I have trouble multi-tasking, so when I filled up this morning, the selection went away before I had finished making my Fuelly entry! Glad that you have a second opportunity to make the adjustment in the car!

[​IMG]

RocMills likes this.
  9. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Car first, fuelly second OR fuelly before turning car on. Yep, been there. :whistle:

10. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I write my Fuelly information on the gasoline receipt as soon as I start the car, then use the receipt to update at Fuelly website when I am next at a computer. And, of course, I always program the price rounded up, if the gas cost $3.899 then I enter $3.90.