1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Programming new key fob

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by P Ma, May 9, 2016.

1. ITBland

ITBland Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I got a used 2004 Prius with one key. I got two more keys from eBay, did the chicken dance, got the new fobs locking/unlocking doors, but not starting the car. When I got to the start (from slot) programming part of the chicken dance, the light would flash twice, then three times. In one of the forum threads on key programming, someone mentioned that the 2-3 code means all slots are full. I got one of the ~$20-ish Mini VCI cables that comes with Techstream, did the electronic chicken dance and wiped all keys except for the master key I had, then programmed the two additional keys.:D

2. sandiegopriusownerxxxxx

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have reached the limit of fobs programmed in my 2005 Prius. We have lost three fobs over the years. I need to program another fob. Is there a way to erase old fobs without going to the dealer?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

try pm'ing member @ovni

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes: one of the chicken dances you can find in the repair manual should be the "forget every fob you ever knew except this one I'm using in the dance" dance.

-Chap