1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Project Lithium Nexcell V2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by AzusaPrius, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Bill Norton

Bill Norton Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Don't know about any dyno testing....
    But testing anything is a good idea!

I asked years ago about the 'affiliate link' to a 'Water Injection' system and some anodized aluminum valve that makes your prius so much 'better' than with the stock valve.......
    Testing this snake oil crap should be easy.

And what do they all make from posting all their 'affiliate links'? A buck and a half? Is it a taxable income? (n)

If someone is posting links to products, that they are making a few cents, even if the products are snake oil, ...........

Now, a modern Li-ion cells to rebuild the stock battery pack.... That should be testable.
    Fortunately, my 13 year old Ni-Mh pack is hanging in there, so I just get to watch and learn....(y)

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  3. Bill Norton

Bill Norton Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Good Lorde.... A Fart Can.:whistle:

I didn't read anything. I'm sure he's claiming many great things! That can't be proven.

I hate the noises my prius makes now. I wouldn't want it louder....

4. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    my thought is... why is everyone putting the same capacity batteries in their car when they replace them?

So far, I've doubled the EV range on my 2013 Plug-in to replicate the 2017 Prime EV range... next, I'm going
    to hit my goal of 50kWh using the same space as my OEM cells.

The new super capacitors look really promising, I just need to figure out the DC fast charging conversion without needing to add or remove electrical components.

https://black.jmyntrn.com/2023/08/20/prius-plug-in-hv-battery-upgrade-from-4-4kwh-to-8-8kwh/

upload_2023-9-3_16-37-37.png