1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Project Lithium Nexcell V2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by AzusaPrius, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Bill Norton

Bill Norton Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Rmay635703 likes this.
  2. Bill Norton

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  3. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Everything youv'e said Ive had to come to terms with it and then it boils down to what can I use now while I figure sll of this out.

Originally the first Rav4 EV battery looked promising but now, the bz4x battery which is significantly improved in terms of a larger capacity PHEV battery is what I have my eyes on. I now have a battery manufacturer and a battery designer assisting with everything. Plus, who to say someone a well-known battery manufacturer didn't jusut give it to me pre-engineered out and all? These days people want to help me!

Bill Norton likes this.
  4. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    also.. this super capacitor method to this madness is pretty remarkable!

5. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Pre orders started yesterday so make your way to the link in my profile or click the link in the first post and grab yours today before they are all gone!!!!

6. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is an excellent analysis... As someone who has worked regularly with Project Lithium for several years I can assure you that the owner is very generous, but is also a small business that is easily influenced by the bottom line as a matter of basic survival.

As in there is no marketing team (which I'm eager to part of) because demand is constantly exceeding supply so the main focus is eliminating liabilities that can ruin everything when the whole operation scales up. So in this case there's nothing going on with marketing and actuaries, just a small business trying to avoid too many losses so it doesn't go broke.

As in the warranty terms regularly get updated based on the owner learning more about different warranty claims and they did start out being generous at first, but as the same problems arise and its not the fault of the product, they have no choice but to be less generous.

As in I've seen some instances where Gen2 corrosion that's not been eliminated from the electrical system prior to install has created faulty readings from the BMS and because people tend to ignore warning lights and keep driving the car they've had the pack replaced under warranty after they were overcharged and no longer good. To address this the V2 circuit was created to override the BMS malfunction and customers are told multiple times to not install the pack with a corrosion in the voltage sensing system and primary wiring.

And over the past couple years the changes to the warranty reflects many different stories where owner/operator error damaged a pack and because it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the warranty the claimant was given a brand new pack free of charge. But then the warranty was updated to eliminate that specific liability. I'm sure if you read the current version of the warranty you can imagine how many specific challenges Project Lithium has faced as a small business in this regard: https://projectlithium.com/pages/warranty

More to point, it's not just a warranty issue but how much do you value entrepreneurs who are genuinely doing all they can do to improve the millions of hybrid cars on the road today, rather than just exploit their owners, which Toyota does so well? That's perhaps a value greater than the warranty racket that is far different for big business compared to a startup.

Also another key aspect that's even more important than the warranty, is the products repairability rating. That's a marketing project that they haven't gotten into yet because they don't have an inventory to market, but that will change in Q4 and independent review of the pack will take place. As in the modules can be taken apart and spare parts, spare cells & spare circuits will be made available for DIY repairs so once your warranty expires the cost of repairing your pack will be as low cost as possible because that's the right thing to do.

#166 PriusCamper, Aug 30, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  7. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    but then... why diminish an entrepreneur who is attempting the same vision just.. just not with batteries?

8. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I know some do it just because they don't like the way an entrepreneur talks or say... had some hurdles they needed to overcome to have a well-oiled business machine(and not like a Gen 3 motor following Toyota's recommended oil change every 8k miles)

9. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Good points except when talking about hybrid battery warranties. Most of us had 8 years 100k mile warranties which really were no questions asked. Many had 10 years 150,000 hybrid battery warranties; now all new Toyota hybrids get the longer term.

The current over msrp exploitation comes from US distributors and dealers. Of course buyers have been known to flip cars when the market allows so you have to expect it from the US dealers.

Toyota still provides incentives in their financing and usually extend warranties on most engineering fails with the exception of oil consumption and head gaskets. Still five years 60,000 miles on those items is better than you get aftermarket.

10. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Having never done business with many small businesses, but also having read many threads regarding said small businesses, my answer would be.....

Because some small businesses had the unfortunate occurrence of pissing off customers for extended periods of time, to the point they truly believed they were being ripped off and/or ignored. Then treated like they were in the wrong when they called out the business owner. Some people have a long memory. Some people will just stay away from those small businesses just because they have no desire to get wrapped up in any drama. People are fickle....but typically, if they hear a business f'ed someone over, they aren't going to just act like nothing happened, no matter how much the business owner wants them to.

PriusCamper likes this.
  11. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Exactly! Even if the the customer's claims are totally dishonest. If they're determined enough they can use social media to do significant damage. But compare that to huge corporations... A disgruntled Walmart or Amazon customer, no matter how determined, does zero damage to the brand. Even Amazon and Walmart employees trying to start unions to better raise their grievances will fall to millions of dollars in PR ads. It's why long ago we created anti-trust laws to prevent monopolies, but that's no longer a body of law that gets enforced, only mitigated with nonsensical "agreements" written by "government regulators" who used to be employed by a similar monopoly.

#171 PriusCamper, Aug 31, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  12. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Has anyone had/reported any delivery issues with these Li batteries?

There were issues reported about missing/lost cylindrical cell batteries…

13. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The problems to which you're referring was with NewPriusBatteries, which is a different battery design akin to Honda's NiMH that's inferior to OEM Toyota Prism style modules.

For these particular Lithium batteries in the US as long as you order by Tuesday morning they arrive by Friday. But in your case where you live you don't have to pay shipping you just have to drive down the road a little ways to their facility and pick it up. And if you use my affiliate link I'll give you unlimited tech support: https://projectlithium.com/?ref=9qLPw

jzchen likes this.
  14. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes NewPriusBatteries where insurance was some $$$, opted not to get, and at least one pack went missing…

15. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @PriusCamper

Pretty low to hijack my thread dont you think?

You can tell who the thread creator is when it shows a green OP logo, since last time you hijacked another of my threads and dont pay attention to where you are posting.

Create your own posts and post your links there.

Have a little respect in this forum.

This is the link anyone should use in this thread.

Https://ProjectLithium.com/?ref=mG0GE

PriusCamper likes this.
  16. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That's the crazy part about the Internet... people can post their opinions in an attempt to Internet Shame a company or person because their expectations weren't met.

What's even crazier is when non-customers feel they are some sort of vigilante, trying to warn people about something they only read about. The lack of compassion and downright negative energy most have when you read between the lines has nothing to do with the entity they are speaking on, just their vent of frustration gets projected at the easiest target IMO.

17. Bill Norton

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Vendors, Affiliates, Gentlemen,,,, simmer down.:(

Because of your petty bickering to get a buck-and-a-half of whatever,,,:whistle:

I, and all who want or need this new set of cells should buy direct from the supplier and not use any "Link posted here".

You know you'll only hear positive things when money is involved......:cautious:

18. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This is some funny sht.....

Have a little respect in this forum.

Considering you post more BS than a 2000 pound longhorn leaves on the ground in a year....
    How's that dyno test going?

Mr. F and Grit like this.
  19. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    ya'll have some nerve around these parts... always talking down to people... if the dyno means so much to you, and you just have to know... our schedules didn't align and he went on and had the exhaust installed. there will be more chances soon... so what have you done positively around these parts to help move advances in all things Prius forward?

20. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    this is the funniest part... 88% of you J-Cat's around these parts show no respect for anyone and comment as if they are god's gift to all Prius owners... GTFOH!

He called someone out for stepping on his toes and you got a problem with it? Boy, I tell ya, the internet has made a bunch of you sandwich-soft opinionated no-goods feel really big behind your words. I do appreciate the laughter yall bring to me, just remember when you are pointing the finger, more than one finger is pointing back at you.