1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Project Lithium Soother Test

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by AzusaPrius, Mar 16, 2024.

1. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    How many days a week do you deliver? How many mailboxes do you deliver to everyday? Do you see 100 Amps during acceleration and deceleration between each mailbox like mentioned in the video?
    How much of a refund were / are you asking Jack to reimburse you for?​

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for doing that. Do I have this summary about right?

• What it does

Transforms 14 input voltages (VIN1 through VIN14) to 14 output voltages (VOUT1 through VOUT14) according to:

VOUT1 = VIN1
      VOUT14 = VIN14
      VOUTk = (VIN(k-1) + VIN(k+1))÷2, for 2 ≤ k ≤ 13
    • How it does it

Megohm-ish voltage divider between each VIN(k-1) and VIN(k+1), buffered by an opamp voltage follower in case the megohm-ish voltage divider impedance is too high for the battery smart unit inputs.

I do kind of think the video would have been more effective organized a little more in that way: here's what it does, here's how it does it, here are my comments on the merits of the design....

I sympathize with what you said (twice, I think) about having other things you'd rather be doing than editing the video, but I'm not sure that argument ever ends well. There might be a sort of natural law that if it's not worth your time to produce an edited version, it's not worth your time to do the unedited one either ... because the unedited one will drive away audience and not be effective enough to have been worth it.

I don't mean to say that as criticism of this video—it's already done—but maybe for the next time you find yourself thinking "not worth my time to make an edited version, I'll just drop an unedited one".

ericbecky, Xeico and mudder like this.
  3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @mr.f

Nice to have you visit all my threads.

You should follow me on IG and YT.

I need a person like you to follow me around and show how immature they are with their pathetic comments.

Seriously you are either very young or very old but you need to create your own threads and stay out of mine, you are starting to look like a stalker or a cheerleader who likes to banter.

4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Actually, from the view of a popcorn eater on the sidelines, any potential customer who reads this thread will probably immediately realize Azusa and Neutron are doing more damage to Nexcell than anything written by mudder. It's absolutely incredible to me that jack hasn't called them and told them to stfu, as they're making themselves and Nexcell look like complete fools. I'm just going to go with the assumption they're both just drunk posting, since it's the only thing that makes any sense. It's like 2 kids in Algebra 1 arguing with Albert Einstein about relativity.....

Einstein: theory, testing, results, fact, fact, science, fact, scientific testing, fact, etc, etc
    kids: but your mother is ugly....
    Einstein: more facts, more testing, more facts, conclusions, etc, etc
    kids: but your mother is ugly
    Einstein: eventually gives up, realizing he's wasting his breath on fools
    kids: yay, we win!!!

ericbecky, Fifen, Brian1954 and 2 others like this.
  5. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Then here comes tmr-jwap, are you bipolar or something?

Sometimes you are normal and sometimes you are like this.

Now make sure you little kids hold hands and keep your buddy system together.

I actually put Jack on notice today about all this nonsense so no sweat there buddy.

#145 AzusaPrius, Jun 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    black_jmyntrn likes this.
  6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Sry, Azusa, I'm about as steady as steady can be. You and Neutron cannot possibly be so out of touch to not see how foolish you guys are making yourselves look, or can you? Are you the new Chris Crocker? Leave Jack ALONE!!

There's no buddy system here, buddy. Except for you and neutron snuggling lately.
    The rest of us are all just wondering Wth?

ericbecky likes this.
  7. TheLastMojojomo

TheLastMojojomo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Depends... sometimes it's 2, sometimes it's 6, sometimes it's 13 days in a row, depending on my work schedule. During the period I was a beta tester... it was 6ish days... but I do not always use my Prius as I have an 04 Cr-V... but I'd say 2-3 days a week using my Prius. The specific route I'm doing would also determine how fast the pack failed as some routes are much more aggressive on regenerative braking.

400-600 with an average of at least 400 individual starts and stops.

Yes... you can watch some of the delivery videos and verify via Dr. Prius... I am hitting 100's of amps regen probably at least a 100-200 times a day once I get out into the country.

If you watch the video you linked... I state half a refund... which was $1,200ish. He paid no questions asked and then I was signed up for the beta tester program.

I will state Jack was overall good to work with and was always willing to offer support and went above and beyond several ways while beta testing like sending me a spare Hybrid Battery case. But when I quit I never got a full refund and never asked.

ericbecky and vvillovv like this.
  8. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @TMR-JWAP

Sorry as a tester I must communicate with Jack so that is not an option.

Please be cautious when eating popcorn
    I know some kids can choke easily.

9. artemisia

artemisia New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is on point. As someone on the sidelines quietly watching until now, I really appreciate @mudder for bringing a rigorous engineering assessment and @TheLastMojojomo for the meticulously recorded actual experience of pushing a Prius battery to its limits. Thank you for your contributions to a clear answer to the original question: so what does a signal soother do?

ericbecky, Grit, Fifen and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mr. F

Mr. F Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Maybe once you stop spewing misinformation in every thread you create. I'm a pedant, I just can't help it.

ericbecky likes this.
  11. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    its funny... all yall ganging up on lil ole Azusa and I while we stand here and tell you our opinions in response to your opinion and yet... we are the wrong ones? hmmm. makes you think, just what if we are the ones for the community while everyone else is out for their own gains. at least that's how many see it who chose to remain silent on the forums and vocal other places like my ear or eyes through private messages. but.. carry on!

:: insert Eminem meme that's not to be taken as a threat but more like Kong when he pounds his chest saying "Come at my bro" ::

p.s. it sounds like I have to clearly state my intentions with my posts or else the softies around here take them as a threat... hahaha how Is me trying to understand you by asking questions a threat? the way you talk isn't conducive to someone who played on a team sport. you come across as not a team player is all I was trying to understand.

#151 black_jmyntrn, Jun 13, 2024
  12. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Clearly it shows how much they think they know...

Always spewing nonsense just to try be a part of something they are not really a part of.

When you think you know everything, you never learn anything.

13. mudder

mudder Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that is an accurate high level summary.

I concede my videos are technical, and from an engineering mindset. I leave it to people like you to summarize this for the community. I encourage anyone to film a more concise overview for the masses.

Your criticism is valid. Someday I hope to actually implement your feedback in my future videos.

If you have time for it, please create the video you proposed for a general audience. You certainly gleaned out the key summary, so I know your video would be good.

Qualified scientific statements @AzusaPrius has made: 0
    Qualified scientific statements @AzusaPrius has addressed: 0

ericbecky and Grit like this.
  14. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I can only hope and trust that everybody reading along is giving that possibility all the consideration it deserves.

black_jmyntrn likes this.
  15. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I guess it's not too surprising to see all of this. It seems that every time that someone questions a product using data and science, the fan boys respond with name calling and fist waving.

Oh well.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

ericbecky, Grit, mudder and 3 others like this.
  16. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Those arguments would be embarrassing from a group of third graders.

#156 rjparker, Jun 13, 2024
    fuzzy1, ericbecky, Grit and 3 others like this.
  17. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The vocabulary and spelling would be impressive though.

mr_guy_mann likes this.
  18. Fifen

Fifen Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I haven't read through this entire post since I got a little lost in the technical details of the comments. Which is surprising cause I work on electronics for fun. But you can't master everything.

Anyways I just wanted to say I am shocked at how unkind this thread has been. My Prius battery is starting to go. And I was looking forwards to getting a lithium battery. I live in the same area as the reddit poster who had the fire a few months ago. Then seeing mudder and the others post about it had me worried. But seeing the unprofessional and petty behavior of those associated with the company has completely tarnished my view. I won't be getting a project lithium. Which is really sad since that excited me so much.

I'm not some band Wagoner. Excited to put down Azusa. But dude if you are trying to market for the company you can't go around insulting everyone.

ericbecky, Grit, mr_guy_mann and 2 others like this.
  19. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not shocked by the results of this lithium project thingy. This pack lacks the basic BMS preventative feature on all lifepo4 builds- low temp cut off. Jack also has a video that shows the lifespan of the pack and he says at the end, “keep the battery soc at 50% much as possible”. You couldn’t have me drive everyday adjusting my drive style to keep soc at 50%, totally change your drive behavior?

ericbecky and mudder like this.
  20. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    @Fifen

Since this is a thread I created I have the right to respond and I will respond in a manner that has the same respect towards me or what Jack has created.

Please go ahead and go through my posts from #80 since mudder posted his video.

Where did I unsult anyone?
    We might just be a little too sensitive here.

Please highlight it and we will just ignore all the stuff people said about me not to mention Jack to keep it simple.

Also we are forgetting what this guy mudder is doing, he is planning on being a competitor and if you look at his profile, all he has posted was in relation to Project Lithium Nexcell and not any other different posts.

Then he creates youtube slander videos on the products that Jack creates and libeling his company here in my thread.

He comes here and hijacks my thread with posts of those slander videos and links to my thread in the comments in his video.

Then he creates his first thread ever about his LiBSU and when me or black_jmyntrn comment in it, he has our comments removed and then black_jmyntrn gets banned for no reason.

If anyone is insulting it is this guy mudder.