1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Project log: Prius base suspension upgrades

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by galownia, Nov 21, 2009.

1. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    never got the squeak to go away? i was hoping you'd figger the poly solution, so's i can put em on my car.

2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I will eventually... been playing more with the increasing the LEDs brightness and the MicroDe retrofit Fog lights...

3. mary2al

mary2al Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Guys--as you speak of anti sway bars and their diameter 1--isn't it possible that some swaybars are hollow and some solid? 2--Do we know what year Corolla sway bar that is recommended here? 3--what are the "bushings" that are mentioned?
    Thanks,
    A
    09 touring with BT stiffener plate and Micheline tires

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    all the corollas in USA have the same 24mm bar from like '03-'08. i was concerned that there may be a difference from cars made in japan, canada or kentucky, but that doesn't seem to matter. it is a solid bar. the stock rear is hollow; i'm not sure about the aftermarket bars or the trd, but they are way stiffer than the cheezy oe bar.
    the bushings of which we speak are the sway bar to frame mounting bushings-- they are what holds the sway bar to the subframe. if you were to score a corolla front bar, make sure you get the frame bushings with it, unless perhaps you could get new from the dealer for some absurd price...

5. Wheelin1

Wheelin1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Does anyone have the torque specs for the touring modification, I found some, 3 14mm top front strut 65 ftlb, 2 22mm bottom front strut 155 ftlb, 1 19mm top bolt center strut bolt 52 ftlb, 1 17mm stabilizer 55ftlb, 1 12mm brake line 14ftlb, 5 21mm lug nuts 76 ftlb
    Rear I only have 2 17mm bolts on the top strut 41 ftlb and I am uncertain of that one. Need the bolt torque for the traction bars and mounts too. Thanks. Jim

6. mary2al

mary2al Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Stuck 17" 45 series tyres
    This requires different wheels?
    2--Is the computer still in sync = speedo, odo & etc?